How many of you use a Topsider Creeper and what do you think about it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-02-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How many of you use a Topsider Creeper and what do you think about it?

Just as the title says I am thinking about purchasing a topsider creeper and was just wanting opinions on them ups downs etc.
post #2 of 9 Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Jon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
!

I've used one, or I should say tried. On a super duty most of them wont even reach to ght front of the engine. Try and do a turbo off of one. You'll brake in half. My opinion is its a waste of money. I just lay across the engine but get a piece of foam if it bothers you.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Doesn't Even Care

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I thought of gettin one myself, but yeah, I would just get a old peice of carpet or a quilt and lay across the engine.

Nick
E99/CC/Lariat/Factory Wide Body Kit
"The Mistress"
Power Hungry Performance HYDRA Chip
Custom Tuned by Bill@PHP, Tony Wildman@Total Diesel Performance and Lars@Gearhead

D66 w/Dieselsite WW2, Full Force 250/100s, Adrenalin HPOP, Built Trans, Walbro Fuel Pump, S&B Intake, 6" Stacks, Leveling Kit, Eagle Alloy Wheels, 315/75/16 Grabber AT2s & Much More

post #4 of 9 Old 12-03-2008, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Well I am a pretty big (round) guy and so far just checking basic stuff is not to fun for me when I was younger and alot smaller it would not have bothered me but now it is alot harder. I am planning exhaust and I know the up pipes are leaking so I figuare I will pull the turbo and check it out change to a wicked wheel and fix the up pipes and put the exhaust on it at the same time and the thought of hovering over the truck for an extended period is discouraging to me at this point.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 AM

a friend has one that I borrowed recently...I have back probs and this creeper sure helped in the stamina department...I'd still be layin' on the motor instead of drivin' the truck.....I'll be buying one in the spring...

mojo
post #6 of 9 Old 12-03-2008, 07:25 AM

i to am a large guy. i have used one and they are not bad my only problem with it is they are a little narrow and dig into my hips but you get used to it . i will purchase one soon.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-03-2008, 07:33 AM

i bought one years ago and loved it i got sick of catching my nuts on the hood latch lol i think they are worth it and they are adjustable i never had a problem reaching the engine bays and i even used it on F650 well worth the couple hundred bucks just my

the short bus
06 F250 amarillo edition: 2.5inch leveling kit 37in Mud terrain KM2s,5inch turbo back,moded uppipe,headstuds,fire rings,fully built trans,CCV mod,Banks techni cooler, Blow off vavle,zoodad mod,tunes by innovativeafe stage2,cryo and slotted rotors,egr delete EGR valve spool,dual steer stabalizer,and the sickest stealth audio video install on the ORG.

post #8 of 9 Old 12-03-2008, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys I have a bad back as well ruptured two lower disk about 10 yrs ago so that is another reason for me needing something to help me over the truck. I feel like I am going to buy one I can get it through my job and pay for it over 6 weeks so I will never miss the money. thanks again.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have had mine for a few years now and it is the best investment for working on all the trucks I do.

GENE

99 F450 CC, AT, XLT LB Shortened Frame 3.5” , John Wood Tranny & TC , Turbonetics BB , DP Tuner (live tuned), AC Injectors , Custom Intake , Idle Speed Control, Turbo Temp Monitor , 4” Down Pipe, 5” Exhaust , Isspro Gauges , Power Pedal Mod. Fuel Regulator System , Dual Fuel Tanks. White Ext , Grey Int , Alcoa 19.5 Rims Factory Center Caps , Cowl Induction Hood , Dual Highway Products Tool Boxes.

Builder and Driver of Stroked Lightning 11.519 @ 119.26 mph

Builder of "DeRanged"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode