So there I was... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So there I was...

... laying on my back, wrenches in-hand, removing the front sway bar from my truck to change the worthless end-link and D bushings for some poly bushings, when I noticed it... On the under side of my front leaf spring perch, directly above the part number, plain as day and unmistakable: the Ichthys. Recognized the world over as the "Jesus" fish. I smiled. I took out my phone and made a picture of it. Much like He, even when not so visible it has always been there, always will be , no matter how many miles or how rough the terrain or how heavy the load. I marvel at the analogy. I need those reminders from time to time that I need Him [I]all[I] the time. It meant enough to me to share it, because we can find Him in all kinds of places if we are only willing to see. -- On another note, I briefly searched the web for references to this, and wondered if Ford stamped these or they were contracted and a supplier quietly places this ultimate symbol of quality on all their work. Some things, I guess, are better left unknown and some things are just known. I learned some things when I visited Wikipedia.org/Ichthys. How cool is it when certain Greek letters are stacked, they form a wheel? I try to learn something new every day, and I'm sure glad I changed those bushings.
Attached Thumbnails
So there I was...-ichthyus.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Also, the part it's on is a perch.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Premium Member

His are the makings of one great fish story ! To make us "fishers of men" and to "feed the multitudes" only five fish and a couple loaves of bread... When I got this truck it was a blessing for my family and I asked God to use it in His service and to keep my family safe. I joined a disaster relief ministry using chainsaws and tools to help those locally and nationally in hardship. ...hard to believe this is the only response I got on this. Maybe it's on the wrong thread forum. Oh, well.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Premium Member

Although it should be mentioned, those fish stories are TRUE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.