Can rotella elc and ultra elc mix?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Can rotella elc and ultra elc mix??

Alright so the story goes that about 2 months ago I had to replace my water pump on my 06 6.0 so I did with a bpd unit. I also flushed and refilled with rotella elc. Well here we are today and I need to replace my egr cooler. When it was running at idle it would smoke white and it smelled sweet. It didn't leak till I turned the truck off then it would drop about a gallon on the floor. I can find the rotella ultra elc, and the regular rotella elc. My question is, can I drain the rotella elc that is in there right now and fill with ultra elc and not have any issues? Or should I just stick with the regular rotella elc until I want to do a flush again? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 02:30 PM
FORD4LIFE

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just do a good flush with some distilled water. Get all the old stuff out anyways. The ultra, according to shell has better properties to it. Why run the risk of mixing them. Would you mix your 15w40 with 10w30 because that's what you have on hand? Keep all the coolant the same. Not saying you can't do it, but that's what I would do.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well see normally I'd agree but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to run the truck when I know it was burning coolant, can't be blowing head gaskets right now lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.