7.3 or 6.7? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3 or 6.7?

Hey guys. So I will definitely be getting another power stroke in the next few months. I had a late 99 7.3 for a long time And I traded it in for an ecoboost 2 years ago. Well the ecoboost is absolute garbage! So I've been out of the Deisel world for a couple of years. I have been hearing good things about the 6.7. But I loved my 7.3. So my question is. Should I buy another low mileage (around 100,000 miles) 7.3 or should I buy a comparable mileage 6.7? I own a construction company. So I use my truck daily. Hauling materials, Etc. And also to pull my classic cars a dozen times a year or so. The price tag on the 6.7 is stout. Is it worth the extra money? I figured some of you guys have probably had both trucks and would be able to tell me your opinions on both. Thanks on advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

new payment or not? personally if money was no object I'd go with 6.7 but seeing as I'm broke I'd go 7.3...another thought is a 6.0 and just delete/bullet proof it (to have it done at a shop 4-7k ish)
Old 02-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea I hear ya. And I'm not saying money is no object. But I could afford the 6.7 but just not sure if it's worth or not. I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm still scared of the 6.0 even after bullet proofing them. If I were to spend 4-7k in upgrades id assume just spend more on a Better truck. Or by a 7.3 and make it a beast.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:51 PM

if you can afford it then a 6.7 , but if your a broke man the 7.3
Old 02-12-2014, 07:22 AM

It honestly depends.

I have a 2013 6.7 with 30k miles and love it. It rides great, handles great, awesome features, power, comfort. You name it. Everything one could want in a truck (in my opinion)

That being said, with a 100k miles, you are "likely" looking at a 2011. 2011's had some bugs that were worked out into 2012 and 2013 models, but there were some bugs. I'm sure 95% of them are fine, but if you aren't, they are very expensive to repair.

I would however purchase a 2012 or especially 2013 with that. If it's at 100k, then the warranty will be out and you can delete emissions to alleviate any potential problems in that department if you wanted. Or keep it stock and see if you have issues, if not, keep it as is.

Other than the select few that have had issues with the 6.7's it seems most people are very very happy with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.