Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

change your oil avery 20,000 miles

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Diesel Nut 
#1 ·
has any one heard of the fs-2500 oil filter system? you guys gotta see this. change your oil every20,000+ miles. www.fs2500.com:thumb:

#2 ·
I've been reading about this unit in diesel power mag. Seems to be effective, although I want to talk to someone who's running to see how the avg. joe likes it. Wonder what that baby cost?

#5 ·
I Have One

This link should direct you to the bulk of info I have submitted.
Let me know if you guys have other ???????:confused:
I Am Pleased So Far... read my post and let me know if I can help.
If you want to call the company, Talk to Randy, he is very Knowledgeable:D

http://www.powerstrokeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2445&highlight=FS-2500+filter

2002 F350 SRW PSD 7.3L ,SunCoast Trans Rebuild w/ high perf TC, tuned by DJ_DIESEL Performance,4 bank-position chip,4'turbo back,AutoMeter Cobalt Gauges,& 70hp injectors on Monday AM.:D :D :D

#6 ·
Cost

I called on them friday and was on the phone with the guy for a half hour and he said it is 429.00 for the system and another 50.00 for the stainless steel lines if you want to upgrade. He said that there is alot of people who run it 10,000 then send a sample of oil in and the oil company poeple say run it longer

#8 ·
Pump working harder?

NO , absolutely not. The filter feeds off of your factory filter mount and the engine block, It filters about 1 and 1/2 gallons per hour ( Don't quote me on this) But my point is that the factory filter is still being used hence the name(ByPass Filter) check my previous post's for more info.
:popcorn:
http://www.powerstrokeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2445&highlight=FS-2500+filter

You system is not taxed any harder than usual, only a small portion of your oil is syphoned off and run through the 3 micron filter, The BULK of your operating oil goes through your factory filter which is usually no better than about 14 microns regardless of manufacturer, (I use K&N Oil Filters)

Let me know if you have other ???????:confused:

#9 ·
I dont know what everyones thoughts and feelings are on Amsoil, but Larry has been running the Ea filter and synthetic oil in his 7.3L excursion. 15k miles to an oil change, and Larry's blackstone reports come back great. I have all the stuff to do my 05. Going to try and change over tonight.

MORE INFO no we dont sell Amsoil, but we are impressed so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.