Diesel Thunder Drag Races - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Diesel Thunder Drag Races

Hey Guys,
I went to Diesel Thunder this weekend in Spokane, WA. These 2 trucks (Dodge Cummins') are doing 10.5 in the 1/4 mile. Check it out...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Cool Clip - Lem

Hey Lem,

Cool clip. Thanks for the video.

I was at the earlier functions at Davis Diesel but couldn't go to the races. Suppose I could have taken the red truck with a 200 yard head start!

Hey that's an idea! Handicap the drag races. After all, they race with automatic trannies now-days; what would be strange about handicapping?
Old 08-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

Actually, they did do handicaps. They had seperate lights for each truck. I have no idea how they figured all that out though. They did a pretty good job.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I was kidding!

I was only joking! What's this world coming to?

No longer racing man and machine (we got rid of the stick shift) now we have to even the playing field with handicaps! Beam me up, Scotty!
Old 08-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Bracket racing rocks - There is nothing better than watching an old man in a stock 80's station wagon beat a young guy in a Viper on the bottle.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

bracket racing

Rodslinger,

Are you the old man or the young kid?

I've never raced, though I always thought I would like to. I did sponsor a stock car for several years. That was fun. Our car placed every year, second or third for season totals.

If I raced, I would want to shift gears -- isn't that what racing is all about? I don't know if I would enjoy standing on a throttle for ten to fifteen seconds.

Oh well!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Gun Nut

LOL!
I'm 36 so I guess I'm not the young kid that's for sure. Actually I raced when I was in my late 20's with a '78 Nova that my father-in-law and I built from the ground up. She was AWESOME. I'd blown his car up the season prior - won the race but the engine let loose as I crossed the line...SO I had lots of parts to pull from his.
Even your automatics you normally shift. Nothing like being in front of that tree, stalling it up and feeling that thing wanting to leave out from under you. Just before that green lights up you launch out of there, slicks hooked up (hopefully) and you're floored back in the seat, just waiting for that shift light to turn the car yellow so you can slam the shifter into the next gear........man I miss those day's. AND it's the strangest feeling in the world to have a guy next to you, dialed in a couple seconds slower than you and you've got to watch him drive off while you wait for your tree to drop. You have to race yourself - cut a good light and race your time. The goal is to beat him without beating the time you picked to dial in at.
That's why the old man beat the kid in the Viper........as well as why he beat me and everyone else that day.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

old man racing

Great story. Love to hear race stories.

I have a friend that has raced all his life, he runs the web forddragteam.com. His wife and son race with him. Love to hear their stories.

Something else that's fun: Driving 24,000 pounds of steel with a 425 Cat, 15 gears to pick from and a Peterbilt hood to look over. She might start a little slow off the line, but you can really feel the power in the mid to upper ranges -- and with 3:7 rears, you are talking a full dollar bill on the speedo!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Gun Nut

Thanks. I love talking about cars/trucks and racing, almost as much as I love telling hunting lies........er I mean hunting STORIES.
Hey my brother-in-law drives a big rig too. He's actually going to a show up around Dallas this weekend. I wanted to go but I've gotta go to the ranch to get things ready for deer season.
I think he's going to borrow my old digital camera, so if he gets some good pics of rigs I'll post 'em.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Race Stories

That'd be great. I love the stories and the pictures.

If you haven't read my story of the Diesel Thunder Dyno Comps, you can view it at: http://www.powerstrokeforum.com/foru...hread.php?t=61

If you want to read about my old Purple Peterbilt, you can view it at:
http://www.cougargulch.com/funpages/purplePeterbilt.php

Look forward to your brother-in-law's truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.