Weird question about no start? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 10:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Weird question about no start?

Hello all long time no see, any way.....last year i had the dreaded no start when hot problem and had it fixed as of august and the truck was running great until now..... Last year I had the stc fitting, stand pipes, dumby plugs, and both of the sensors fixed, i even replaced one of the oil rails due to a tiny amount of air leaking out of that. Now the truck is right back to square one with not wanting to start after i shut it down?!?! Any ideas? Could the FICM cause the truck to do this?

****Here is another note..... (not to start a sob story) but currently am in a little bit of a financial bind due to rising medical bills with me being diagnosit with cancer. On that note is there any way to put a "baindaid" on the truck till i can get some money and get back on my feet? I had a wild idea that maybe a tuner could write a tune that would trick the sensors into thinking the truck had perfect oil pressure and start?? I really need to get my truck running again and just have no cash to get it fixed

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 11:05 AM

Oh also my truck is a 2006 F-250 with the 6.0
Old 12-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sorry about your bad luck.
Before deciding it's an oil problem again, check your ICP when cranking. It should climb quickly to about 1800, but it'll start once it hits 600. If it climbs slowly or is under 600,you have a high pressure oil problem. If it's good, check FICM voltages (min 45, don't want anything under 47), fuel supply (remove secondary fuel filter and turn key on, bowl fills quickly and with no bubbles), and then low oil pressure system

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Possible band aid is to start on starter fluids, but not advisable

Old 12-08-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauser View Post
Sorry about your bad luck.
Before deciding it's an oil problem again, check your ICP when cranking. It should climb quickly to about 1800, but it'll start once it hits 600. If it climbs slowly or is under 600,you have a high pressure oil problem. If it's good, check FICM voltages (min 45, don't want anything under 47), fuel supply (remove secondary fuel filter and turn key on, bowl fills quickly and with no bubbles), and then low oil pressure system

Thanks for the info! I'll give her a try sometime this week when i feeling up to it. Should i start the truck first and go drive around and shut it off before i trying doing all this?
Old 12-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Check cold and hot, this way you can compare numbers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.