Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

It's a sad day...

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  bryanbrown 
#1 ·
I'm switching over to the darkside. I'm getting a dodge. I'm looking at an '06 or '07, so I can get a 5.9L. Does anyone know if there's an Oasis type report for dodges? Go ahead and rip me, I deserve it. I've been depressed the last two days, knowing I'm getting rid of my truck. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy for feeling so bad about getting a new truck. Mine's just got too many miles, and the prices are great right now. So, if anybody needs some 7.3 stuff, all mine is for sale(check the classifieds).

#2 ·
there prob is some "oasis" info dodges, i would join a dodge forum for that info though.
lol im not going to rip ya, good luck on the dodge, you'll be back in a ford here soon.

#3 ·
Good luck...sorry to loose you to the other side. I traded a Dodge on my PowerStroke and will never look back. If it's not too late, don't do it. That's all I'll say about that.

#4 ·
You know you can pick up a used '08 Super Duty pretty cheap these days. I would go with a good used '08 before I made the leap to the darkside. You can't beat a Ford truck in terms of durability. They truely are the better truck, bar none. Give the '08's a shot.

#5 ·
dont worry i did it to. i love my truck

#7 ·
I don't want a 6.4 just like I don't want a 6.7 cummins. I like to be able to mod them if I want to, and having to deal with all that emissions stuff will make that harder and alot more expensive (I think)

sevenmalards, I just sent you a reply, thanks

#8 ·
My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy for feeling so bad about getting a new truck.
I cried when I traded my Chevy 1500 with a 6.2L diesel (and I don't cry easily) .... That little truck took care of me! It got 27mpg too! Don't worry, my wife doesn't understand my bond with "the Big Girl" .... I don't think it is something that you can explain to women... Good luck whichever one you decided to go with ...

Bob~!

#10 ·
My dad still has an '04, so I'll still be a Ford driver sometimes. It sucks going from ford to dodge. I was really happy when I got rid of the last dodge to get a ford. I've been looking for an '06-'07 f350 dually x cab auto, but they must be nearly non existent

#11 ·
Go with the Ford. You will thank yourself in the long run.

#13 ·
don't feel bad - it's still a diesel and they're nice trucks :thumb:

just be prepared to replace and upgrade some steering components - Ram steering has consistently sucked since 1994!

#14 ·
so if you are so sad then dont do it. upgrade to a newer used or even a new 6.4. yo ucan mod them but it costs a bit more to do so. dont do something that you are going to hate yourself for in the future..... regret is a b**ch....

#15 ·
very true. I looked at a 6.4, but I'm a little scared of getting one of those. Yeah, you can mod them some, but nothing like a 5.9 cummins, and I'm not too sure about pulling all of the emissions stuff and then taking it into the dealer for work. They may be okay with it, but there's only one close to me, and I don't want to risk it. It's the same reason I didn't look at a 6.7. I'd be just as nervy about it if I was getting another ford anyway. It's hard to get rid of something that's been really good to you for years, cuz you never know what the next one's gonna be like, no matter what brand

1995psd, I have a boost guage and an egt guage. I need to sell them, since they won't match the guages in a dodge (they have white faces). I'll get the model # and figure up what I want for them and PM you. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.