Truck Nearly Stolen - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck Nearly Stolen

Hey All,
I got home from leave at about 10:30 PM this last thursday (14AUG08) and after dropping off my bags in the apartment, went out to check the vehicles. They're both sitting right in front of the main office and about 20' from one of the busier roads in the area.

The car was fine and started immediately. When I went to the truck, I saw that my FOB battery was dead and I went to unlock it manually. I pulled on the door handle without unlucking it and the damn thing opened (to my suprise). I hopped inside and all my dash lights were blinking. I looked at the ignition and it was all jacked up.

So yeah, someone tried stealing it while I was on leave... another reason why I hate this place. I'm glad the guy who had it before me installed the disabler in it... I don't think I could ever get the same deal on another truck as I did on this one. I asked the cops when they arrived whether or not I could shoot someone trying to steal my ****. They said that they can't legally tell me it's OK to shoot someone however that I do have the right to protect my property by whatever means necessary. Best believe the 7mm and .40 are ready to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Emergency Services

wow, its good you had a disabler in the truck, where abouts are you, and yes keep that .40 loaded and ready. its rediculous that a 40k+ truck new is that easy to break into
Old 08-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Serving Our Country!

Where are you stationed?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i just cant believe some people stealing is like the lowest of the low if i ever find anybody trying to steal mine or any other i will go postal on them
Old 08-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Premium Member

I'm currently stationed in El Paso, Texas... one of the worse areas as far as stolen vehicles are concerned. And yeah... I never realized how easy it would be to break into the damn thing. And for what it's worth, the sticker on this '05 King Ranch was over $50,000 and it probably was broken into in less than 5 seconds by a $5 slim jim. That's rediculous and I hope Ford has improved that aspect of these great trucks.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:51 AM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

I feel for ya man! We had our house broken into over memorial day weekend. It sucks really bad. At least you didn't loose your truck.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
we had our work truck broke into last night, the genus driving it left, about 12k worth of tools and lazers in it......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.