tires suck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2005, 05:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tires suck

i have an 2005 f350 crew cab 4x4 single rear wheel . tire size 275/70r18 . there does not seem to be any tire options . the continental tires are terrible . no traction and no mileage . can`t do big lift kits and such because i use the truck for work . bf goodrich makes an 35x12.50r18 . does anyone know if these will fit without modifications ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

tires

I don't anything about the fit question but the bfg's are suppossed to do real good and wear a long time I really like my steeltex tires. My cousin loves his bfg's but they are pretty expensive ... We run on gravel a lot and either one hold up as good as anything... agreed tires suck ... best of luck
Old 12-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
If you have the srw 350 they usually sit slightly higher than the 250's. A friend of mine had the same configuration with 35's on stock rims....or so he claimed, they looked a little shorter and narrower compared to my 35's. I know that rim size and width can also change a tire's specs slightly, making them wider/narrower, taller/shorter....I have nitto 325/65r18's which are equal to 35x13.00 and the rims are 9 inches wide. They're pretty wide, you can go to my garage and see them on my truck, might help you decide. I do have a 4 inch lift on mine, but my buddy's stock 350 with was just about as tall as mine with the 35's he had. I would say you should be able to do it, but you might have to do some minor trimming up front.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:19 AM

I've heard if you put the leveling kit on the 350 you can clear 35's on stock rims.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper2
I've heard if you put the leveling kit on the 350 you can clear 35's on stock rims.
That's basically what I have. I will be getting different wheels though, SOON, I hope. The stock tires that were on mine were the main reason for the switch, THEY SUCKED!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 02:15 PM

try a local heavy truck tire service...they often have access to new, rare, and good tires that are stamps of older name brand models....they may have just what you want...i have 265-75-r16's which are common, but i got some generics from a truck guy that are stamps of michelin ltx-ms's from a couple years ago...they're great...

good hunting...

wes
Old 12-29-2005, 06:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Stomper yes you can fit 35's on the stock rims on the 350's. I think they have to be a little narrower though, some of them like mine are pretty wide and may not be approved for the stock rim width..
Old 09-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to DennisL30724
They Suck

I destroyed the rear tires in 28000 miles. The fronts lasted ok, they go for like $195 each, so what i did on my 05 and will do on my 06, is not rotate them and just replace the rears when i must. COOPER, KUMHO, TOYO, HANKOOK, AND BFG all make 35x12.5R18 if anyone was wondering and look like they will fit possibly stock and definately with the SKYJACKER 2.5 LEVELING/ LIFT.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Emergency Services

can't go wrong with a BFG. i've been runnin them for years and i can't find anything i like better, no matter wht the size and rim.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to trhland
i have a 2006 f350 and they came with those continentels got rid of them and put 285 /65 r18 bfgs .i wanted 305s but they dont make them yet .the rim size is to new .you can go with 35s but not sure if they will fit even if you level it . i think the biggest you can go is a 33 if you level the front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.