Good parts website - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Good parts website

Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you a website that I came across a couple of years back when I needed some parts for my old chevy. It's www.rockauto.com. My wiper transmission broke on me and the parts weren't carried at auto zone or any other parts stores around here.....just the dealer. I bought one side of the transmission from the dealer and paid around 39 bucks for it. I decided to search the net to see if I could find the part cheaper and that's when I found rockauto. I think it was only 17 bucks from them, and a couple bucks shipping...a little better than 50% less!! I ordered the part form rockauto but wanted to make sure it was identical to the one I had before I decided to return it to the dealer. They were mirror images so I took the dealer part back and saved myself 20 bucks. A short time later the other side went out, and it was the same 17 bucks from rockauto....dealer wanted $41. I ordered quite a few misc non important parts from them, all cheaper than any places I could find in town. I haven't needed to order anything for my F250 yet, but you can bet I will if it's dealer only and they have it. They carry oem and aftermarket manufacturers too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Thanks for the link Smoke!
You know we all ought to pool all of our links, categorize them and have a sticky on here. Obviously not undermine our sponsors or the site, heck promote them but I've got A TON of truck and 4x4 links to all kinds of little odds and ends. It might save people some looking - like me right now for example trying to find a trailer wiring harness for my '05. I finally bought a class V hitch for her........yeah, yeah I'm the only guy on the face of the earth who had a F250 PSD with NO trailer hitch.
Just a thought.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I agree on the pool of links! And that's quite odd, you would figure a truck that's rated to tow so much weight would come standard with a hitch!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:48 AM
Gun Nut

Yeah you would think - maybe they jipped me. Nah....not a dealership!
Anyway I put it on last night and I actually already had both wiring harnesses already there (again pointing to the fact that maybe I SHOULD have had a hitch) so I'm set. I finally get to haul something other than butt with my rig.....course it's only my ATV trailer.
Hey Smoke, I'll start a thread over in the Mod section where you and I can start putting a list of sites together by category into a format, run it by lem and then post it as a sticky or something. Then everyone can send us their links and we can add them. It would SURE make finding parts and info easier than going to google and spending two hours trying to find a cheap place for something as dumb as a block heater cord.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:35 AM

Good Idea Rod. I spend quite a lot of time on google and other search engines (you think they're diesel too?) trying to find information on parts, how they work, and quality...stuff like that. It will sure beat telling everyone to get on google if we can just say hey, chek out this thread instead and you might find what you need! Let me know when it's going and i'll go through my favorites.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:44 AM
Gun Nut

Exactly! I'm bouncing in and out this weekend visiting the family's but when I get back lets see what we can put together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.