my truck is mad at me ...lol - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
my truck is mad at me ...lol

well today was a eventful day .. I woke up early went to make breakfast no eggs, well I'll just have some toast and a glass of milk. I put the bread in the toaster the phone rings I go answer it my mother is on the phone and needs me to drop in and fix the garage door opener it jammed up , no big deal till the smoke alarm goes off my toast is burnt... so I say screw it I go to get a glass of milk my kid left the container in the fridge EMPTY so me nor the ol'lady knew we were out ...Well I go to my moms fix her garage door opener no problem.

Well I still have time to kill because my mom made me a bite to eat while I was fixing her door. I decide I'm going to the dealership to look at a new truck. I go in look at a 2008 F250 4x4 diesel loaded leather moon roof 4 door the sales man asks if I will be trading my truck in I say no.. He then goes and looks at it anyway and asks what year it is I tell him a 99 he says he would be happy to take it on trade because good trucks are hard to come by and with the long bed construction guys are always looking for this type of truck .. I tell him I dont want to trade in as its a great truck and I have plans for it.. So off I go the first time in a 2008 I like it, ride is very smooth, power is real nice for a stock truck, so I'm thinking ya I could get use to driving this ..

After I get back from my test drive we crunch a few numbers and talk for a while about business and our families and what we are planning on for vacations this summer (I know the sales guy I do all the towing for the dealership and am some what friends with him).. then I tell him I'll be back with the wife and let her drive it too and see if she likes it as well..

I jump in my old reliable 99 that I just got done telling the salesman it is a great truck and that's another reason I wanna keep it..

I hit the key CLICK! again CLICK! hummm CLICK ..OK now I feel like a tool I jump out tap the starter... CLICK I get out tap it a few times a little harder CLICK .... I then look over and Scott (the sales man ) is standing there with a some what grin on his face ...I give the starter one more good whack ... off comes part of the solenoid

I then look at Scott and say .. "hey wanna give me a ride to the shop so I can get my roll off and come pick up my reliable truck?" we both laugh he drives me to the shop about 10 mins away, get the roll off tow it home and realize that top starter bolt is a PITA to get at ... But its running again like a charm ... I think it thought I was trading it in

so how was your day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Serving Our Country!

Haha good story your truck was mad at you for takin that test drive.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:40 PM

it will be real mad when it has a brother thats 9 years younger too LOL
Old 07-24-2008, 10:42 PM

haha thats pretty funny with your truck lol. but you're really thinking about getting the 08? i haven't driven one myself but with all of the emission issues i think it would be scary
Old 07-24-2008, 11:17 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke W/smoke View Post
haha thats pretty funny with your truck lol. but you're really thinking about getting the 08? i haven't driven one myself but with all of the emission issues i think it would be scary
With a dpf delete and some good programming I think the 6.4's have a lot of potential. If you can't dump the emmissions or don't want to mess with the warranty then I'd stay away. Fuel mileage is horrible with all the extra restriction so I'm told. There's a few of them in my town, and I've heard anywhere from 12-14mpg.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Your reliable truck was jealous because you took a new truck for a spin.

So you ready to trade that old reliable one in yet.

I am sorry man I can't help.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:15 PM

lol its OK

well my options are slim for a new truck I dont really want anything but another ford... I guess I will have to keep it stock as we have very strict emissions here and if ya dont pass you cant licence it until you do... Im goin to take the truck home for a couple days and do a lot of driving put some miles on it see how bad it is ... the sales man is going to give me his demo so it wont be putting a bunch of miles on a new unit.. his truck is the same as the one I test drove already minus the moon roof, leather and color
Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 PM

So your truck is on the rag.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Albie30 Send a message via Yahoo to Albie30
I towed my toy hauler 26 ft 8000lbs loaded with a buddies 08 F450 , I averaged 7.4 mpg. While my trusty 7.3 with fire hoses for injectors gets almost 10 mpg with the same load .
Old 07-25-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
So your truck is on the rag.

not any more ..You know what I noticed it seemed to crank slower and slower as of late starter about a month or two ago.. it use to turn over quite a few times before it would start cause it would crank slow... not any more it spins like a motor with no compression really fast actually and fires up immediately.. I'm so love my good ol reliable truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.