Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Code P1280 ICP circuit out of range / low

19K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  stroken'n'smoken 
#1 · (Edited)
been tracking down and fixing codes am down to this one last code P1280 ICP circuit out of range/low. Any thoughts on how to correct this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 1996 f350 psd auto.
Thanks

#6 ·
oh yeah forgot to mention the auto. trans. wont stay in one gear (shifts up and down when it should be staying in the higher gear and just noticed that the cruise control is not working.) also has a hard shift when the check engine light is on.
thanks

#7 ·
same here

Just got home from OCMD. wednesday night i noticed my check engine light was on when i first started my truck.... shut off pretty soon after that. The following night, thurs., i noticed the same thing and while driving i noticed the trans was shifting harrrdddd. i stopped at wawa and shut it off and checked trans fluid and oil. Both a little low so i topped them off. Started truck and same deal, light comes on with hard shifts. after i got back on the main street and drove about a block i noticed the light was off and it shifted fine. Friday morning i go to leave and its doing the same with hard shifts. I fill up and get back on my way. After about a half hour of driving the light was still on and the truck was running like total crap. So after it shut off while at idle a few times i came to an auto zone and changed the fuel filter and checked the oil just in case. Started her up, ran pretty good, only had one sputter after that from the MD/DE line all the way up to philly. but the light was still on and it was still shifting hard. I get back and my buddy scanned it w/ a snap on scanner an it threw the P1280 "Injector Control Pressure out of range-Low" code. Im freaking out right now, i gotta head up to school a week from tomorrow and i gotta get this thing fixed. Any ideas.

#8 ·
i have put my truck on the "back burner" and concentrating on my daily driver. am a little reluctant to take the truck back to the shop as in the the past they have charged big for diagnostics and no given me
no clear solution to the problem. will be continuing to track down the problem as time and money becomes available. will kep you posted.

#9 ·
a little late i know, but i figured out that my hard shift/p1280 code was due to a bad icp regulator and oil pressure sensor. the snap on tool said the cps was intermittent too but im gonna wait on that til i get done moving back to school.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.