My family has grown to 7 and we have outgrown our minivan. I was looking at picking up an excursion and was hoping to get some advice.
1. I have heard that the 7.3 is more dependable then the 6.0...true?
2. Aside from the higher gas price and larger oil requirements, is a diesel more expensive to maintain?
3. I do all the low level upkeep myself on my other vechicles (fluids, valves adj, belts, hoses, starters, etc)...what's the deal with glow plugs and when/if do they need changed?
4. When looking at used powerstrokes, what are some of the more common tell tell signs of an abused one?
5. Most people seem to have exhaust and Cold air intakes...any bad mods?
6. I know this will be a somewhat biased response
, but is it worth picking up the diesel over the gas engine in the excursion? I will tow a horse when needed and a small 4X8 trailer but nothing the gas motor couldn't pull. At a dollar/gallon more, do I make it up in the fuel savings?
Thanks in advance from GA.
I appreciate your time and insight.