Something amazing just happened... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Street Dentist

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Something amazing just happened...

So I took my '06 over to the ford dealership in town this morning to have the rear pinion seal replaced. It' been weeping for a bit and figured before it snows again I might as well get it in. I have an extended warranty but since it's such a pain in the *** I decided I would just pay to have the seal replaced and be done with it. So... The service guy just calls and says yeah the pinion seal is shot and they are replacing it, then follows up with and your ball joints are really jacked up. So I'm thinking great, there's some more cash out the window. I didn't even get a word out when he says: "Ya man, but no problem I got the warranty to cover it all, so all you're in to pay is the deductible". What? That's all I got out, What? I didn't even mention I had a warranty, didn't want the hassle or argument. This guy went and did it all on his own and got it all covered. Seriously the best service I've ever personally had at any ford! I'm in shock! And pretty happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That is awesome! Lucky you! Happy Monday indeed!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Street Dentist

Lucky and happy me indeed! I guess that just goes to show there really are a few good people scattered about out there who still believe in doing good.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratotrev View Post
Lucky and happy me indeed! I guess that just goes to show there really are a few good people scattered about out there who still believe in doing good.
Sometimes that's all we need to remind us that there is still something positive out there. Pay it forward!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Or just believe in going above and beyond in the work place. Sounds like a motivated worker who is destined for a promotion. Do him a favor and reach out to his manager and express your gratitude, I'm sure he'd appreciate it and would motivate him to continue his awesome customer service.

Last edited by gentimmy; 10-14-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentimmy View Post
Or just believe in going above and beyond in the work place. Sounds like a motivated worker who destined for a promotion. Do him a favor and reach out to his manager and express your gratitude, I'm sure he'd appreciate it and would motivate to continue his awesome customer service.
Tap tap! Amazing story and encouraging to hear it still exists.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:28 PM

Im jelous! I would love a good dealership/shop that I could trust to take it too!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Street Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentimmy View Post
Or just believe in going above and beyond in the work place. Sounds like a motivated worker who is destined for a promotion. Do him a favor and reach out to his manager and express your gratitude, I'm sure he'd appreciate it and would motivate him to continue his awesome customer service.
I absolutely did. The owner of the dealership (as well as 2 others owned by the his family) is a pretty well know guy around town. He does a lot of charity events and donates and supports a lot of the non-profit organizations in town. My wife is the executive director of one of these non-profits and knows him well. So I gave him a call and let him know what great customer service I received and how pleased I was, and followed it up with how important it is for people to be able to trust the service people and know the job is getting done right. I told him if this is the kind of service I can expect I'll have no problem bringing my truck back in the future, and will make sure to tell others also. He seemed pretty pleased to hear that. Hopefully it helps out.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
I absolutely did. The owner of the dealership (as well as 2 others owned by the his family) is a pretty well know guy around town. He does a lot of charity events and donates and supports a lot of the non-profit organizations in town. My wife is the executive director of one of these non-profits and knows him well. So I gave him a call and let him know what great customer service I received and how pleased I was, and followed it up with how important it is for people to be able to trust the service people and know the job is getting done right. I told him if this is the kind of service I can expect I'll have no problem bringing my truck back in the future, and will make sure to tell others also. He seemed pretty pleased to hear that. Hopefully it helps out.
I'm sure it did, good on you for following up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.