Ford Diesels, Why so Cheap? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 08:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Biofuelsdude
Ford Diesels, Why so Cheap?

Hello,

This winter I will be getting a diesel something vehicle all in the name of starting my alternative fuel independence. Honestly speaking, I want to get a truck and frankly I do not care what kind of truck it is. I am a Chevy guy to the core but a Ford truck seems to not only be cheaper to own right now but also easier to find with 60k or less miles for under $17,000. Try finding a Duramax with that mileage.

So what is the deal with the low mileage, low prices? Why are so many 7.3L and 6.0L Ford diesel so cheap in the used truck market? I plan on having the truck for the next 4-6 years or until I am done with college. Hopefully someone could help me out.

Erik
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Theyre cheap because noones buying right now. When i bought my truck in February the prices were still high and trucks were selling like they have for years but now people cant get rid of them so if its a dire situation and theyve got to get rid of the truck they have to lower the prices. Im sure a lot of people are losing money on their trucks right now.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 AM

Dude Honestly if your just starting college buying a SUV or Truck for that matter isnt the brightest idea. enjoy your college life without having to break your wallet to fill up your truck every 3 days its just not worth it. get a small car then when your done college then you can buy that truck you want. hopefully 4 years from now prices will go down but there's no guarentee at this time. Honestly i just graduated High School and I cant wait to go to college. thats why I am buying all my toys once I am done college and settled in with a good job that will pay for of what i want.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselking View Post
Dude Honestly if your just starting college buying a SUV or Truck for that matter isnt the brightest idea. enjoy your college life without having to break your wallet to fill up your truck every 3 days its just not worth it. get a small car then when your done college then you can buy that truck you want. hopefully 4 years from now prices will go down but there's no guarentee at this time. Honestly i just graduated High School and I cant wait to go to college. thats why I am buying all my toys once I am done college and settled in with a good job that will pay for of what i want.
Hey buddy,

I'm 23 and have been in college for 5 years now. LoL. I have been dodging between full time and part time. Change majors twice and now I found where I need to be. I will be heading towards the welding and fabrication technology feild. I work full time and I need something that can handle winter;furthermore, I need something to haul stuff when I move into a house.
Also, a truck would help in the meantime with all things I already do haul.

I say I'm going to college for the next 4-6 years because once I'm done with my two fabrication degree I want to start heading into the engineering field. Currently I'm taking math classes along side my welding classes in order to get the prereqs done. My true goal is to get into the alternative energy field as a Mechanical engineer. I could get another cheap 4 banger but honestly I want to start doing the whole WVO thing soon.

Yes a loan payment would suck, yes I would be in debt, however with a decent paying job I have the chance to get my life into what I hope to be my life's work. Frankly I'm tired of learning as I have for the last four years, about alternative technologies and start actually doing it. Some people buy fast cars, others play computer/video games, while I will be collecting and buring WVO. Everyone has a hobby or a passion and this very much so is mine.

My user name describes, in part as to, who I really am. Some may call me a environmental nut but I like to think of myself as someone who is aware of my daily actions. Reduce (dependence on foreign oil), reuse (a waste product:WVO), and recycle (WVO as a fuel). Our founding father's, if they could, would be rolling in their graves in regards to how dependent we are on others countries energy sources.

Erik
Old 07-06-2008, 09:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tikal
If ya want a truck, make sure it's got a 7.3 in it ....

bullet proof motor
Old 07-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofuelsdude View Post
Hey buddy,

I'm 23 and have been in college for 5 years now. LoL. I have been dodging between full time and part time. Change majors twice and now I found where I need to be. I will be heading towards the welding and fabrication technology feild. I work full time and I need something that can handle winter;furthermore, I need something to haul stuff when I move into a house.
Also, a truck would help in the meantime with all things I already do haul.

I say I'm going to college for the next 4-6 years because once I'm done with my two fabrication degree I want to start heading into the engineering field. Currently I'm taking math classes along side my welding classes in order to get the prereqs done. My true goal is to get into the alternative energy field as a Mechanical engineer. I could get another cheap 4 banger but honestly I want to start doing the whole WVO thing soon.

Yes a loan payment would suck, yes I would be in debt, however with a decent paying job I have the chance to get my life into what I hope to be my life's work. Frankly I'm tired of learning as I have for the last four years, about alternative technologies and start actually doing it. Some people buy fast cars, others play computer/video games, while I will be collecting and buring WVO. Everyone has a hobby or a passion and this very much so is mine.

My user name describes, in part as to, who I really am. Some may call me a environmental nut but I like to think of myself as someone who is aware of my daily actions. Reduce (dependence on foreign oil), reuse (a waste product:WVO), and recycle (WVO as a fuel). Our founding father's, if they could, would be rolling in their graves in regards to how dependent we are on others countries energy sources.

Erik
Pretty good statement about our founding fathers rolling in their grave. If they realised how tied our leaders are to foriegn lobbiests,they would probably become ghosts and haunt the government suckers that have sold out our national interests ...but thats another DEEP topic.
Ford trucks were on a significant roll and outsold the other manufacturers big time. The sudden slowdown produced a LOT of trucks on the market.Now is a great time to buy. I would recommend checking out this link. Ford Super Duty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Also be aware that there ARE some good 6.0's out there....it wasnt ALL bad.
"There were many running changes to the engine and in the 2006 year model the 6.0 had the lowest rate of warranty claims across the board for Ford Motor Company when compared to all of Ford's gas and diesel engines.[citation needed]
quoted from
Ford Power Stroke engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by mrnecsteve; 07-06-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:27 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have had a diesel for the past 3 years. Bought it when I was 18. It's my passion. Some kids do drugs, I do trucks. It has been a struggle at times w/ school, work etc... but you gotta make it work. It's good training for when you get out of college and you really gotta lot to lose!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Drepka
Biodude are you from Elgin, TX.???
Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drepka View Post
Biodude are you from Elgin, TX.???
Hey buddy,

No I from where the Elgin watches were made, Elgin, IL. Never been to Texas but I would love to go. I Hear its a big state with different culture all around.

Erik

Last edited by Biofuelsdude; 07-07-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

te reason why ford are cheaper i think is because there are more of them on the road compared to other bands,which makes them easier to find and alot more for sale , add that to diesel fuel prices and there ya go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.