When will MPG be more important - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 06:37 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
When will MPG be more important

At what point will MPG's become more important to the government then emissions.

With the fuel prices being so crazy, the government having an agency to regulate emissions on vehicles. But yet we all know that if we open up any restricted vehicle we gain more mpg's and sometimes the vehicle even runs cleaner. So at what point do you think the government will start deregulating vehicles. Basically lowering the emissions standards to gain more mpg's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Jon

Hmm

Good question BC. As we speak, the government seems to think that burning twice the fuel is better for the environment then having a lil bit of smoke. I think its a shame it has come to this. We have diesel owners willing to break the law in all actuallity and get rid of the emmisions crap just to get better fuel mileage! Does that make sense to anyone? I sure as hell hope not! On top of this, the '07 and older diesels still burn cleaner then there gas burning counter parts!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's a good question. I think it will take getting the treehuggers out of the politicians pockets, so maybe never.
That is not the only crazy logic we have to deal with either, but you already know that.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Premium Member

I read somewhere that over in the UK they have diesels that are getting double mpg than here due to the fact they don't really have a emissions test over there maybe it's time the EPA shut their pie hole and let us enjoy some better mpg........
Old 06-30-2008, 06:50 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Well it is like we have big oil companies paying the epa for these restrictions. Then they sell more fuel make more money. Because we could get double the mileage with out the emissions then with.

I am not just talking about diesels either, gas engines run better when opened up to breath.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I remember when the emissions crap started and it's been this way all along. However, since they went to elect. ign. and such the cars/trucks would burn more efficiently, but with the potatoe up the tailpipe it offsets all the gains. You have to push the pedal harder and burn more fuel. One would think the engineers would get it.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
you wanna know the sad thing ..

I just got all 3 of our trucks at work emission tested..99 F550, 03 F550 and 97 F450

our early 1999 with the 7.3 and 240k hard miles and gutted cat passed the e-test and had lower numbers then out 2003 6.0L . The 03 still has its cat complete egr system and only 81k miles... our 97 7.3 with 150k miles burnt better then our 03 as well ..

When they handed me the sheets for the 3 trucks I thought they had made a mistake

Cleanest burning truck was the 99 followed by the 97 and dead last the 03... now before you wonder about the 03's emissions it was just back from the dealership and they did a new egr and cooler lines said the truck was tip top ... BRING BACK THE 7.3 and Ill order a new F350 4x4 dually tomorrow
Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 PM
duct tape & zip ties

What is really bad is, our country has some of the most restrict emissions. But yet other countries are still dumping wast that our country would consider toxic waste into the oceans. I mean I think this whole green thing is doing nothing but costing us Americans money and jobs.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
What is really bad is, our country has some of the most restrict emissions. But yet other countries are still dumping wast that our country would consider toxic waste into the oceans. I mean I think this whole green thing is doing nothing but costing us Americans money and jobs.
I've been on my soapbox about that "not in my backyard " mentality, and how hypocritical it is, more times than I care to remember.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
On top of this, the '07 and older diesels still burn cleaner then there gas burning counter parts!
Thats the sad thing about it. Diesel owners are catching all the crap because you can the emissions on occasion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.