driver door problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
driver door problem

Help before i have to go to ford.. when i close my driver door and insert key in ignition the door ajar indicator stays on.. the door will not lock. and the bell keeps dinging what a pain and the doom light stays on. It acts as if the door is open when it is shut.. it there a sensor out on the driver side or what is wrong.. thanks much john
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodon View Post
Help before i have to go to ford.. when i close my driver door and insert key in ignition the door ajar indicator stays on.. the door will not lock. and the bell keeps dinging what a pain and the doom light stays on. It acts as if the door is open when it is shut.. it there a sensor out on the driver side or what is wrong.. thanks much john
Every door has a sensor in the latch. Take some contact cleaner and spray inside the latch, open and shut the door a bunch of times and see if the light goes out. If nit, do the other 3 doors.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Every door has a sensor in the latch. Take some contact cleaner and spray inside the latch, open and shut the door a bunch of times and see if the light goes out. If nit, do the other 3 doors.
Thank you dhanna6powerstroke
That did the trick.. did all 4 doors and alls fine.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodon View Post
Thank you dhanna6powerstroke
That did the trick.. did all 4 doors and alls fine.
Good, glad to hear it worked for you.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I took my Ex to the dealer to get another key made and get the door code (it wasn't on the glove box). Ever since then I'm having the doors won't lock problem. Don't know if it was them or the fact that I detailed the entire thing myself after I took it to the dealer. I sprayed an entire can of contact cleaner in the lock for all four doors and the rear hatch. This worked but then the problem came back. When I'm driving down the road, sometimes when I hit the brake I hear the doors relock. I'm pretty sure the truck has spent a lot of time on dirt roads as there was a layer of dust in every crevice.

Should I just keep cleaning the locks or take it to the dealer and ask WTF is up with the locks?

I can open and close all the doors a bunch of times and the lock will work but it takes a few minutes each time. (I think it is the back hatch but not sure).

Old 07-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason812 View Post
I took my Ex to the dealer to get another key made and get the door code (it wasn't on the glove box). Ever since then I'm having the doors won't lock problem. Don't know if it was them or the fact that I detailed the entire thing myself after I took it to the dealer. I sprayed an entire can of contact cleaner in the lock for all four doors and the rear hatch. This worked but then the problem came back. When I'm driving down the road, sometimes when I hit the brake I hear the doors relock. I'm pretty sure the truck has spent a lot of time on dirt roads as there was a layer of dust in every crevice.

Should I just keep cleaning the locks or take it to the dealer and ask WTF is up with the locks?

I can open and close all the doors a bunch of times and the lock will work but it takes a few minutes each time. (I think it is the back hatch but not sure).

Are you having the same problem as jodon with the door ajar light staying on, or is it just not locking? Don't quite understand the problem.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 PM

Yes, I'm having the same problem. After driving, I can shut the truck off and get out but the doors wont' lock, radio stays on, key pad doesn't work, remote lock doesn't work, etc... but the door ajar light doesn't come on until I turn the ignition back on. I open and shut all the doors a couple of times and the light goes off and I can lock the doors. It's like something is loose or loses it's conection with the vibrations from driving down the road. I haven't pin pointed which door it is but I think it is the hatch. There are times when I'm driving down the road and I hear the doors lock, after they have already locked automatically about 10mph. Should I just keep spraying a butt load of contact cleaner on them or is this possibly and electrical nightmare?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Yes, I'm having the same problem. After driving, I can shut the truck off and get out but the doors wont' lock, radio stays on, key pad doesn't work, remote lock doesn't work, etc... but the door ajar light doesn't come on until I turn the ignition back on. I open and shut all the doors a couple of times and the light goes off and I can lock the doors. It's like something is loose or loses it's conection with the vibrations from driving down the road. I haven't pin pointed which door it is but I think it is the hatch. There are times when I'm driving down the road and I hear the doors lock, after they have already locked automatically about 10mph. Should I just keep spraying a butt load of contact cleaner on them or is this possibly and electrical nightmare?
You are spraying the contact cleaner in the door latch, correct? If so I would just keep spraying them and see what happens. It's usually the drivers door that causes the most problems.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:31 PM

Yeppers, I'm spraying it in the latch. I'll just keep it up and see what happens.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Yeppers, I'm spraying it in the latch. I'll just keep it up and see what happens.
If I'm not mistaken, I think a Ford scan tool can monitor the door switches and can tell you which one is acting up. The catch is you have to pay a Ford Tech to look at it unless you have a buddy that is a tech, then he might help you out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.