Getting a Cummins - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Getting a Cummins

Ok before I get flak for making a thread on the highest HP 6.0 and how much I love it and whyI could possibly think of owning a dodge. I need to make this clear.

"you have to pay to play"

that statement is what I live by. If I cannot afford it I am not buying it so a 6.0 would bankrupt me and a 7.3 would not get me to the power level I want without making me a very poor man with a very fast truck that is not going anywhere fast thanks to the rising price in diesel . and well a 6.4 is 60000 dollars so yeah. no.

So the perfect balance between streetable power reliability and CHEAP is a 94-97 12v Cummins.

My goal is 500-600 at first. and since NADP is 30 minutes from my house I got service in my area. and since all the 12 valve is mechanical injection I should be able to do almost all the work myself. I got a quote for 15k +cost of truck to get to 600 on fuel alone so.

however driving a dodge makes me want to vomit.

but being able to say I built it makes me smile. also a inline 6 is such a pleasure to work on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Premium Member

Build yourself a ford with a 12 valve in it. That'll take one more ugly dodge off the road.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
^^^^^^ Ditto!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:05 AM

Is this similiar to the other thread you mentioned where you claim to have something and really don't, just to get people stirred up?
Old 05-15-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIPPERS View Post
Is this similiar to the other thread you mentioned where you claim to have something and really don't, just to get people stirred up?

Maybe this means he'll be going to all the Cummins boards rather than hanging around here.... :fingers-crossed:
Old 05-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Uncalled for, guys. We are better than that. Let's try to remain civil. We don't tell people to go away just because they don't drive a PSD.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIPPERS View Post
I never claimed to own anything. I was simply wondering where the most powerful 6.0 liter was in terms of power the only thing I claimed to own was the june 2008 issue of diesel power and on page 212 there was a chevy s10 with a twin turbo powerstroke being built that was going to put out a estimated 900 HP

And trust me if I owned a reliable fuel only 900HP 6.0 PSD I would have a video backing up my claim. and the world would know its mine.

As for swapping a 12v into a superduty if I had the cash to do that I would just stick with owning the superduty and the 6.0 liter or 7.3 liter engine in it and also another option I thought of was throwing the same 5.9 liter 12 vavle into my 92 F-150 and just tub it and throw some big *** slicks on it.

but 8000 for the truck and 15k in upgrades and I got what I want. I am not downplaying ford nor am I switching loyalty to dodge just the fact is I have to be economical and I am building a race orientated vehicle.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlander View Post
Maybe this means he'll be going to all the Cummins boards rather than hanging around here.... :fingers-crossed:
To put it bluntly that is a pretty blatant and downright hurtful post. I honestly hope you are being sarcastic.

The fact is I love a myriad of engines from the RB26DETT to the 5.0 liter ford ( I can work on mine with my eyes blindfolded) to the 12v cummins the powerstroke family and the Commonrail 5.9. I appreciate the time and money people put into there vehicles they do not view it as just going from A to B it is there livelihood there hobby and with most of the trucks there job that provides for there family and to wrap those qualitys up into one and the trucks take on a special meaning.

And to make things clear if I had won the lottery I would own a heated garage with all the big 3 diesels in it built for race if it could be done or was experimental and they needed a guinea pig I would be the tuners man. because I would have the time money to do it.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:16 PM

"[I want to know where my 900 hp 6.0 is on #2 with heui injection?

before you say impossible I have a saying. "impossible is a word used by those who will not"

I want to know who owns the most powerful 6 liter.]"

I believe by useing the word " my " in the first sentence implies that you have a 900 HP Powerstroke. I was just curious if you were stirring the pot a little when you said you were going to buy a Cummins. To each their own, I've thought about it myself. In No way was I implying for you to leave this site. I love the fact that in a short time you can read so many different opinions on here. Sorry if I offended you Saber123316.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:26 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
15k to get 600 rwhp out of a cummins?

Give me 15k and I'll get you more then 600 hp out of a 7.3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.