what size injectors for gt38r? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what size injectors for gt38r?

ive got a late 99 7.3 and thinking about ordering a 38r. I know I can run it with the stock injectors but will it maintain the current power or will I notice an increase in power? also what size and brand injectors are recommended for optimum hp? and I hear that it lowers egts by about 100-200 degrees but will that temp go back up if I upgrade the injectors? and I hear of some guys needing to upgrade the hpop due to larger injectors. would I need to do this with this upgrade? I also hear its very loud im running the stock turbo with a Donaldson b050811 and can hear the turbo in the cab how much louder would the 38r be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 06:24 AM
Not another PowerPoint

I would go with swamps, that's what I went with 160/100% for my GTP38R W/WW2, I had to upgraded to a T-500 because my pump was old and worn out 305k from factory
Old 08-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What are your actual plans for your truck. Tow rig, pavement princess, puller, drag racer, etc. That will make a big difference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Its my dd I tow with it quite often it gets alot of use offroad as well. Im just looking for more power
Old 08-19-2013, 05:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
X2 what Unrated Diesel said as this bring a tow rig/did. If your HPOP is in decent shape you'll be just fine. If its getting weak I'd recommend the T500 too even though I have the stealth. Just because an reman OEM 17* and a T500 price are negligible.

My injectors are from FullForce, but to each his own on deciding which vendor to buy them from. Swamps are good too with a nice warranty. Just don't buy them from Diesel Care off eBay. Lots of angry members on here that tried them out getting poor customer service. Noise isn't an issue for me as I like the turbo whistle. .

You will NEED tuning to run single shots and that setup efficiently.

Since you said towing quite a bit, I'd concentrate on your trans as they have a bad reputation. Assuming you have the automatic??? A BTS would be great if you have the money, if not then at least a BTS or JW valve body, a temp gauge would be nice, and a cooler from a 6.0L, which I believe someone just put a new one up for sale in the classified section here.

If you have the hand shaker then you obviously don't need any of the above said.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

My vote is 160cc/ stock

You are missing out on a small amount of hp going with stage ones rather than the twos, but in my opinion, the 20 hp you gain with the larger nozzles isn't worth the price difference

Full force and swamps are both great vendors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.