Fuel prices due to Speculation...CRASH - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel prices due to Speculation...CRASH

I'm hating fuel prices right now... pretty much anything that's a staple in life is sky rocketing. I have my own take on it... and I'm prett sure others are on this wagon with me. But it's kind of funny how the housing market crashed, b/c people were buying places on speculation, and then the Fuel prices start soaring. Let's face it. the Dooche bags that were in the housing market are now running the fuel market. It's these dam pencil sharpening investment firms. They should be locked up. what they are doing is market manipulation and are getting away with it. Kind of funny how the FTC isn't on this... they make some press statement for the newspapers that oil will be $900/barrel in 3 months... bla bla... they keep pushing the issue. But guess what??? All things that boom, go bust. But I will admit they latched onto a good product... the consumption/sales are pretty steady and needed. however, there will be a bust point, just like housing market did. you don't see houses today at $1million dollars... b/c they were $700k the year before... But this doozy that we're in is going to take some real work to make it go bust.. but it will. WE as americans need to work extra hard to screw THEM back.

-Make the most out of trips. think ahead in terms of stops, supply needs etc. Shop for food every 2-4 wk intervals vs 1wk intervals. Make stops on your way home from work while the car is at operating temp and efficient.

-Budget cuts. Make budget cuts from whatever you can/want. Basic cable, or even NO CABLE! Cut out Sodas and beer. I'm drinking stictly water & coffee now. It's cheaper and better for you. I even down graded from Brand name coffee to store brand coffee; can't tell the difference and it's half price. I even stopped eating at fast food places almost all together.. yet again.. better for my health and saves money and gas. Pack your lunch to work. You save on the gas and the food bill.

-Drive slower, less and don't use a/c around town. inflate them thur tires up to spec when cold in the morning before pulling out of the driveway and check them 1x week.

-Run your A/C at home a few degrees warmer this summer. or don't run it at all. opt for open windows and a box fan to pull current through the home. I'm opting for no A/C this summer. that will def save.

I'm sure there are more things we can do... just overall be cheap.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 05-07-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 09:23 AM

where do you live? city I mean
Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 AM

OK, Ill go on a diet too.... Then oil prices will go down... Thanks for solving the country's problem!
I don't get where speculation fits in with fuel prices... I speculate to go just as far on a tank of fuel as I did when it was a dollar cheaper!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Conservative and Proud

Crude Oil Futures Prices - NYMEX
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Conservative and Proud

And I'm going to do more research on this: Arctic Power - Arctic National Wildlife Refuge - Home
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 AM

all those things make it easier to afford the fuel at a ridiculous price. that right there is my answer to "You can afford to drive that big thing?" Yeah i quit throwing so much unappreciated money at my girlfriend and cut out energy drinks and fast food almost 100% That's like $50 a week give or take, after nearly a month, a tank of fuel
Old 05-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thats all common sense stuff that people who value how hard is to earn a dollar are already doing???
Old 05-07-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Cut out Sodas and beer.
What no more beer hats! The org wouldnt be same without beer.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Cut out Sodas and beer.
What no more beer hats! The org wouldnt be same without beer.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Turn the air UP? No friggin way man. I'm a diesel tech in Florida. I sweat my a** off all day, I'm not gonna do that at night too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.