feel ripped off by service writer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
feel ripped off by service writer

ok heres what happened, in late fall i went to Freedom ford in Edmonton because i was at 58000 kms and basic warranty ran out at 60000kms . I had a few small issues , paint coming off emblems , powerstroke emblem peeling on rad shroud , and passenger window wrecked by deformed weatherstripping ( collecting sand at transition in front window) so i get it all approved but get called out to work . My service writer calls me and i explain to her that me and truck ( welding rig ) are going up north and probably wont be back till spring . She assures me that it is no prob. and my parts will be waiting when i get back . I go in mid Apr. and tell her i want to have my parts installed and she asks me if im over 60000kms? Yes , im at 80000 now , she replies "oh thats gonna be a problem because your claim expired and now your over your warranty. "YOU IDIOT WHY DID I COME IN THE FALL TO DO ALL OF THIS!" all the while assured by her that my parts would be there in the spring. I ask her about this and she denies saying that to me ( I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE , I WOULD HAVE GOT MY GF TO TAKE MY PARTS IN THE FALL IF THAT WAS A PROBLEM!) I try talking to the service manager but he doesnt return my messages ( i didnt yell or swear in my messages). What do you guys think? When that claim was approved i believe those parts became my property and they have no right to send them back , espeaccially without atleast calling me. I know she is a liar but do i have any grounds to fight this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2008, 06:25 PM

I hate it when people do this. The thing is you don't have any proof that is what she said. Do you? if not its word against word
Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 PM

If you have a copy of the work order or repair order go in and ask for your parts.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:41 PM

i'll tell you man all the headaches with this trucks warranty make me want to buy old and used. What good are warranties and a $60000 price tag when they turn to sh*t in a couple years . looking for an old 96-98 12 valve dually now if anybodies sellin one lol.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:44 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
If you have any documents showing that you were in there prior to 60,000 thats good proof there. If you have papers showing that they approved all the work thats even better and may be worth fighting it.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
If you have any documents showing that you were in there prior to 60,000 thats good proof there. If you have papers showing that they approved all the work thats even better and may be worth fighting it.

Yes if you have any one of these, or both your good to go
Old 05-04-2008, 06:51 PM

i have the paperwork but they say it's null and void now because of the 5 months past , i have a lawyer for some business stuff i was thinking about getting him to send something in just to scare them a little bit . I have a feeling they used the parts .
Old 05-04-2008, 06:52 PM

i almost got ripped off. I needed my extra keyfob programmed. The guy at the dealership told me how to do it over the phone (), just cycle the key onoffonoffonoff 5-8 times, one of those times the power locks will "jump" and right then you press and hold the lock button on the remote til they re-jump and there you go. It was going to be $12 just for that, obviously not including the ($4.20/gallon) drive out there.

Not as bad as your deal though, sorry dude.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.