Transmission Flush????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Transmission Flush?????

Hey guys i got my amsoil ATF sitting in the garage waiting to go in... i want to do a full trans flush and trying to figure out the best way to do it without having to take it somewhere to hook up to a machine..

what way have you guys done it? i had thought about buying this:Mityvac looking at
07300 PneumatiVac its the second from the top

has anyone ever used one or know anyone that has? i would rather pay the 100 bucks for that and get a air operated fluid evaluator then paying a shop to do it for me...

let me know guys

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lemme know, 24 k onda tranny since oh, I wanna do it.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I always just dropped the pan and cleaned it, installed a new filter, and pan, then filled the pan back up and disconect the tranny cooler return line fronm the transmision and stick a piece of rubber hose on the end of it and run it into your drain pan. then start the truck and keep adding fluid untill the the tranny fluid coming out of the return line is compleatly clean. then turn the truck off, hook back up the return line and fill the tranny untill its full.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
PMR = JUNK

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
Hey guys i got my amsoil ATF sitting in the garage waiting to go in... i want to do a full trans flush and trying to figure out the best way to do it without having to take it somewhere to hook up to a machine..

what way have you guys done it? i had thought about buying this:Mityvac looking at
07300 PneumatiVac its the second from the top

has anyone ever used one or know anyone that has? i would rather pay the 100 bucks for that and get a air operated fluid evaluator then paying a shop to do it for me...

let me know guys

-Raul
That looks like its just a pump to get the fluid out without dropping the pan, which is kind useless on our trucks since we have a plug.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
I always just dropped the pan and cleaned it, installed a new filter, and pan, then filled the pan back up and disconect the tranny cooler return line fronm the transmision and stick a piece of rubber hose on the end of it and run it into your drain pan. then start the truck and keep adding fluid untill the the tranny fluid coming out of the return line is compleatly clean. then turn the truck off, hook back up the return line and fill the tranny untill its full.
thats exactly what i thought about doing initially.... but if this makes it easier and less messy that would be better lol....

also considering it because it will do trans, brake fluid, coolant and gear and engine oil.....

could be good to do a coolant flush
Old 04-28-2008, 08:31 PM

since your going to synthetic your going to want to do a compleate flush like I sugested. that way you get all of the old fluid out.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 PM

as long as you put a pice of hose on the return line and run it down into the drain pan it really shouldnt be that messy. the messiest part is dropping the pan but I would never do a transmision fush with out changing the filter.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
since your going to synthetic your going to want to do a compleate flush like I sugested. that way you get all of the old fluid out.
gotcha.... yah i guess ill do it that way.... just wanted to do it less chance of dropping oil on the driveway...

our driveway is stone so dont like to drop any oil on it
Old 04-28-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
gotcha.... yah i guess ill do it that way.... just wanted to do it less chance of dropping oil on the driveway...

our driveway is stone so dont like to drop any oil on it
get you an old fridgerator box to break down and park the truck over. also old blankets work good too.

also when dropping the pan I usualy leave one of the corner bolts in and just losen it a little so the pan hangs down adrains most of the way out b4 you take it off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.