Great Deal on Oil - Delivered! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 PM
>This Is My User Title<

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great Deal on Oil - Delivered!

I was so happy today to get my box with a smile on it. I am way over due on my oil change and my usual Rotella T 15w40 is usually about $17/gal at the parts store in town. Most retailers loose money on oil and there is only 1-2$ off specials at most. I have also looked online several times for oil but with shipping it would never come close to a local store... Until now.

I ordered from amazon a 5gallon pale of 15w40 Rotella T, and today it arrived, the best part was they put the whole thing in an even larger box which was barely hanging on from that barrel rolling around. Total cost was $63.97 with free 2 day shipping via prime. that comes down to $12.80 a gallon, that is almost 2005 prices. I am usually careful on line or at the bargain retailers like wall-mart, primarily after my Ford dealer told me that the "motorcraft" fl1995's are not FL1995's but FL1995-W which means they are not made to the same specs, that is how they get such low prices. I have seen rumors about the same thing with oil. But this is the real deal, i am so happy, i almost feel bad it must have cost a bunch to ship, i don't think you can buy oil this cheep from Jed Clampett him self. Tomorrow my truck gets fresh oil, i just hope i don't dump the whole thing all over my motor.

Last edited by zamanica; 07-24-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've been putting Mobil Delvac 15w40 in my truck because I can get it locally for $62 for a 5 gallon on sale, with a $25 rebate, which gives me a net cost of $8.36 a gallon.

It's a little scary that one oil change takes almost a whole 5 gallon bucket...

Also, I love Amazon Prime. They don't make the smartest shipping choices, such as sending me 5 of the same item in 5 separate packages priority overnight from the same warehouse, but the end result is the same for me. I don't pay extra for shipping, and it gets here quick. I have no idea how they make money with that though.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:31 PM

holy cow that's cheap.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM
>This Is My User Title<

I am sold on these 5gal pales now, they are also easier to pour in to the truck,

What i did was when you pull out that little pour spout and need to grab that plastic ring and pull the little plug out to open the pale, dont pull it out all the way only about 30% and definitly not more than half way, then put the cap back on and put the whole thing on it's side so the little spout is over your funnel. Then when you remove the cap little to no oil should pour, but with your finger you can grab the ring and without ripping it out pull to open the flow, if you let go it closes and almost stops the oil completely even with a full pale. It was like a custom dispenser i just held it open untill the dip stick showed full then let go, the oil stopped and i spilled less oil than i do with the gallon jugs. The only thing easier is hanging a bag of wine over your head when camping and drinking it like a camel back.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:57 PM

Just picked up a 5 gallon pale of 15w40 rotella and a MC filter for 86 bucks shipped. The shipping shouldve been 34 dollars.. Im with the other post about **almost** feeling bad about getting it for so cheap lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.