Rotella T-6 in non diesel?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 04:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rotella T-6 in non diesel??

I know people are doing it, and I am curios of your results...........I assume most of the gas cars aren't calling for 5w-40 oil...Has anyone ran T-6 and had good/bad results in a gas engine??..........My wife drives a Land Rover and I am considering putting T-6 in when I change the oil. Land Rover recommends a synthetic, but i cant remember the weight off the top of my head.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't know about 5 w 40, but I work for Shell at the refinery in Deer Park,Tx. At this facility we have 2 types of motor oil for all 950 pieces of equipment,from cars, trucks, forklifts, backhoes, cranes, etc., gas or diesel, straight 30w Rotella or 15w40 Rotella standard motor oil 0 engine failures from oil problems

Steve
Old 07-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I run the t6 on the engine side of all our race motors on quads. And regular rotella on the trans side. We use to run 15-40 on the motor side but we kept chewing up cams. Switched to t6 and haven't had a cam get tore up yet. This is in 4 race quads that get ran haaard for 2+ hrs at a time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-23-2013, 03:08 PM
KCCO

I run the t6 in both my quads (one 2002 utility and one 2007 race quad), in my 2004 gsxr1000, my 2010 craftsman riding mower, and my 1998 chevy truck with a 5.7L 350 V8. Been running it for two years with no issues yet.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:18 PM

I ran this in my Subaru STI and all of the guys I know who track their cars swear by it. I did a UAO and it came back great. Unfortunately, I had the notorious ring land number four failure on my 2011 STI with only 17,000 miles on it. It was denied by Subaru because they found a YouTube account with my email address showing me at an autocross event. They replaced it under a 'good will' with me providing $1,000 deductible for a $7k job at the dealer. It is up for sale if you are interested. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 PM

I run it in my gas tractor.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhines81 View Post
I know people are doing it, and I am curios of your results...........I assume most of the gas cars aren't calling for 5w-40 oil...Has anyone ran T-6 and had good/bad results in a gas engine??..........My wife drives a Land Rover and I am considering putting T-6 in when I change the oil. Land Rover recommends a synthetic, but i cant remember the weight off the top of my head.

Thanks!
If it needs a SM, SL, SJ, SH motor oil then it will work fine...

Check out the PDS, meets all those gas specs.

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC...US)_TDS_v1.pdf
Old 07-25-2013, 12:11 PM

I run T6 in my race bike as many of us do. And I'm talking some of us running it in a full supersport build with full race fuel. I've run it for a full weekend so far and loved it, no mis shifts, false neutrals, nothing. Going to check it before the next weekend but I think I can get 2 weekends out of it with a constant high RPM and clutchless up and downshifting(slipper).

I also added it to my Volvo S60 2.5T and noticed a 2 mpg improvement and much better shifting as it was at 112K when I did it. 2K on it so far and love it.

I plan to buy it anytime it's on sale, and I mean any. I had 4 gallons sitting around for my truck change before I even bought the truck.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diode_ee View Post
I ran this in my Subaru STI and all of the guys I know who track their cars swear by it. I did a UAO and it came back great. Unfortunately, I had the notorious ring land number four failure on my 2011 STI with only 17,000 miles on it. It was denied by Subaru because they found a YouTube account with my email address showing me at an autocross event. They replaced it under a 'good will' with me providing $1,000 deductible for a $7k job at the dealer. It is up for sale if you are interested. Lol

This almost proves my theory that Subaru is owned and run by ******s.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowmace View Post
This almost proves my theory that Subaru is owned and run by ******s.
Yeah, needless to say my wife and I are no longer going to provide them any future business. Very disappointed by Subaru of America and our dealership.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.