6.7 Liter FORD Diesel in 2010. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 Liter FORD Diesel in 2010.

So alot of talk recently about the 4.4 and now a 6.7 liter in house diesel for the Superduty line at FTE

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/59...or-2010-a.html

now I know its rumor and speculation but thats how the 6.4 was born.

any thoughts?

the outlandish claims are its a 6.7 liter V8 with between 400-500hp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber123316 View Post
So alot of talk recently about the 4.4 and now a 6.7 liter in house diesel for the Superduty line at FTE

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/59...or-2010-a.html

now I know its rumor and speculation but thats how the 6.4 was born.

any thoughts?

the outlandish claims are its a 6.7 liter V8 with between 400-500hp
Doesn't matter about the claims.....if someone powerful or some powerful company doesn't step in and do something about diesel prices then a 400-500 diesel engine in 2010 won't even matter.......I can only imagine what the auto makers are thinking when they are all about to release 1/2 diesel trucks and diesel prices are where they are
Old 04-17-2008, 02:16 PM

my question is why would they change the engine displacement? if ford is looking for another bulletproof engine like the 7.3 and......... like the 5.9 cummins, don't they need to establish it and keep it from year to year with minimal upgrades as new body styles come out? the 6.0 was out from 03-07 so that means the 6.4 would be out from 2008-2010, this doesn't seem like ford has a strong act of confidence in navistar. but then again who knows, who am i to say it would be unreliable... with all of the emissions it doesn't seem to me like new newer diesel engines these days are anything special, especially with their price tag
Old 04-17-2008, 04:11 PM

Ford is ditching Navistar. The 6.4s are having its fair share of problem, nothing surprising from navistar. Also the 6.4 was always "unofficially" a temporary engine.

With the 6.4 having not the greatest reliability and it's milage unpredictable/poor its a good idea. They might of still been under contract with International too which might be the reason they developed the 6.4, International wanted anther chance to try and keep Ford as a customer.

I have high hopes. They're probably dishing out lots for diesel research considering the 4.4 is coming at the same time and the 4.4 could very well steal the 1/2 market from gassers effectively killing non domestic trucks provided the price tag isn't to steep and diesel prices don't skyrocket. Its been in the process for too long already to cancel due to inflated prices. Inflation is nothing new.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Streak
I don't see why they would continue to increase displacement given that the engine ought to have a higher specific output (hp/l). The new engine will be a more sophisticated CGI block with an overhead cam(s) setup. Read about the "lion" series of turbodiesels they have in europe....

Ford AJD-V6/PSA DT17 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The 3.6 L V8 is built at Dagenham Engine Plant by Ford of Europe. It is a twin-turbocharged Diesel V8 producing 270 PS (266 hp/199 kW) and 640 Nm (472 ftlbf).
The powerstroke will have a far different duty cycle than that engine though, so I wouldn't expect such a huge amount of horsepower per liter of displacement. By the way, that's where someone came up with 500.

270 hp (seen above) / 3.6l = 75hp/l

500/75 = 6.7

500 hp seems excessive since that kind of power output has all kinds of cooling and drivetrain wear implications. I think the power output will be like those of the past generation engines, a 50hp or so bump over the previous one. That said, if their spies indicate Dodge and Chevy have something powerful up their sleeves, who knows what we'll get.

And yeah, ford is fed up with International producing engines that have issues in the beginning and also over pricing/warranty issues. While I haven't read much on diesel emissions strategies, I know enough from cars to say that the more control you have over valve timing events, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroAero View Post
Ford is ditching Navistar. The 6.4s are having its fair share of problem, nothing surprising from navistar. Also the 6.4 was always "unofficially" a temporary engine.

With the 6.4 having not the greatest reliability and it's milage unpredictable/poor its a good idea. They might of still been under contract with International too which might be the reason they developed the 6.4, International wanted anther chance to try and keep Ford as a customer.

I have high hopes. They're probably dishing out lots for diesel research considering the 4.4 is coming at the same time and the 4.4 could very well steal the 1/2 market from gassers effectively killing non domestic trucks provided the price tag isn't to steep and diesel prices don't skyrocket. Its been in the process for too long already to cancel due to inflated prices. Inflation is nothing new.
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing about the 4.4. High initial cost + sagging pickup truck sales + brutally high diesel prices = bad news. Whatever sales they get I predict will be cannibalized from the F250 market
Old 04-18-2008, 02:31 PM

Here in Canada gas isn't to far from deisel anyways, not saying that deisel is low.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Premium Member

Just word of mouth but the story I heard was...
Ford stole some enigineers from BMW truck division. Next diesel will eliminate the EGR system that has plagued the 6.0/6.4 engines. The exhaust manifolds direct upward to a turbo that is sitting centered atop of the intake manifold. Meets EU emissions standards which I believe are more strict than U.S.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The Great 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroAero View Post

HOW CAN WE FORGET THE 6.0 ....I HAVE one 2005 excursion.. And Think FORD Should Fix All OF Them ...We All Bought Them In GOOD FAITH...FICM,TURBO So Far AND i Only Have 43,000 Miles On IT As We Speak
Would LOve To Have Ford Buy Mine BAck
Old 07-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
you just bumped an ancient thread for what??
Old 07-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The EGR isn't going away in the diesels. Just being relocated.

The diesel maintenance and the cost of fuel is not cost effective for the everyday driver. I've been seeing a lot of fleet's goin' to gas engines now.

The 6.7L Scorpion so far is doin' pretty good. Haven't seen one in the shop yet. Have heard about BMW engineering, but not sure that is true or not yet. I do know they aren't gonna be easy to work on.

Have seen 1 6.2L in the shop so far, but it was due to driver error......don't switch back and forth between E-85 and 87 octane fuels........the check engine light WILL come on. Ya got to stick w/ what you plan on using. Period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.