Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

accelorator pedal fell off

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  oilfieldguypaul 
#1 ·
About a month ago I was driving and went to hit the gas and it felt different. Looked down and noticed the pedal had fallen off. I pulled over and slipped the pin/spring/pedal (that's all the parts I found on the floor mat) back together on the shaft but it's never stayed on right since. I've looked around the local wreckers and online but haven't seem much info on this issue or how it goes back together. One place I haven't been is to a dealer. I've heard I may require an entirely new assembly as the pedal may have been moulded to the shaft but it doesn't look broken...any help is appreciated!

#10 ·
It 's almost like a puzzle to put together and I'm missing one piece! I'm going to check the dealer and see what they have to offer. I've had some help from my dad too but it's like we're missing the one way to do it or it is actually broken...

#11 ·
Got this off a website.

I have the exact same problem on my 04 v10 Super Duty. If the pedal has fallen off it actually can't go back on. The plastic is molded around the metal part of the petal and if it's come off, it means it's broken. Thats at least the way it is on my truck. I've got the power adjustable pedals I don't know if that makes a difference. It's a real pain as ford does not sell the pedal or arm individually, they only sell the whole $400 mecahnical assembly from the firewall back.

Also the dealer told me I'm looking at replacing the whole unit. $900 in Canada for the adjustable. What a ridiculous fix...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.