Just turned 325K on my 2002 7.3 and looking to by a new truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just turned 325K on my 2002 7.3 and looking to by a new truck

What do you guys think? Love my 7.3 this is the second one I have ran over 300k miles. I have been looking for another low milage 2002-2003 with the 7.3 but they are super expensive and are sold before I can get a hold of the guy selling them. I paid $31,000 for my current truck and it had 800 miles on it.( in 2003) most of the low milage (under 100k) 7.3's I have found have been between $26k and $30k, What hell! did they go up in value? I have been looking at a GMC duramax 2006-2007 and am open to suggestions I have about $ 35K to spend. (don't need to spend it all and probably could drum up a few more thousand if needed)

What would you buy? new 6.7? 6.4? I do mostly light towing and some heavy stuff and I put on a lot of miles a year. I don't need a lot of power, longevity and fuel milage is much more important than power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I should add that I live in MT and we have no emissions and It has to be a 4 door with leather and a one ton. Looking for another 300K + mile truck
Old 06-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Premium Member

Why not keep the one you have now? If its been reliable then why get rid of it.

Tom
Old 06-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am keeping the one I have now but I need to have a plan and a backup. I work 7 days a week for about 200 days straight and use my truck everyday and can't afford to be broke down. It runs great still and I have done very little to it. Still stock tranny, rear end, axels etc. Replace some parts in the front end and wheel bearings. The only things that have went out on me was the starter twice, rear oil pump seal and an alternator. So that being said, I am looking for another truck like the one I have to replace it when I run this one into the ground. I have researched other threads simlilar to mine and it seems like the 7.3 are the best if you don't care about power and mods. Just had a hard time finding a low milage 7.3 that hasn't sold instantly for way over blue book.

Also It has to be a 4x4.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Is your truck in overall good shape? If so then is rebuilding the major components an option? It doesn't sound like you can afford any down time though.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Correct can't afford any down time. as of now another 2002-03 is first on my list but I have been looking for now for over a year and I have been having a hard time finding one that isn't sold. So I am looking at other options such as a newer one or a GMC. I have found that the newer ones with low miles on them are the same price as the low mile 7.3s Mostly wondering why?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
325K? damn I hope mine gets that high.

And only thing I can think of for such a high value for the low miles 7.3 is because they are super rare. Just bought my f250 with 160K, had everything but leather and I paid 6900 for it. Had a little damage on the bed but nothing major.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.