"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Military Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

I always like to know whats going on, on the other side of the fence. GM is releasing a new LBZ Duramax with 360HP @ 3200RPM and 650ft/lbs @ 1600RPM.

Scroll down to the Silverado 2500/3500s:

http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en...g%20trans.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
That's old news jwiger! You're just now finding out about this? I've never been one to knock a duramax or a cummins, as I'm a diesel engine fan and not totally hands down dedicated yours sucks mines better than yours one over the other. I bought my PSD because I knew it was a great engine, surrounded by a very solid truck throughout. It's still a competition when the light turns green and the flag drops or whatever, but I'm not going to bad mouth another guy's truck like some people who have said stupid things to me for my truck around town. Mostly ****y cummins owners.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 PM

Thumbs up

Hey stroker I'm right with you I'am a home builder and have had a few chevy's and even dodges they are a decent truck but I needed the strength behind the name as I put some SERIOUS loads on my trucks as well as pull a trailer fully loaded but the truck I have now wins hands down for pure GO and wanting more so neddless to say I feel I've made the right decision. oh and the other two I had mentioned were also 1ton pick-ups.but it seems like they just couldn't keep up. My brother is hardcore ford and now i know why
Old 11-28-2005, 08:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Yeah I used to be a die hard chevy man, born into a bowtie family. But I decided one day that instead of dissing everyone else's choice of ride that i'd actually take a closer look. Like the old saying goes, don't knock it til you've tried it. I swing more towards Ford, but i'm open to anything that is going to give me what I need and want and right now my 7.3 is doing the job tremendously!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.