do they really work (help) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 03:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
do they really work (help)

Do any of these mod's really work to improve mileage? With the price of diesel fuel I would like to improve my mileage. My problem is the truck is still under warantty and the dealer said any mod's will void it. Some of the mod's are kind of pricey.You would need to drive a lot of miles to recoup your investment. I have had thoughts of going back to gas but still if you way the facts I am still doing better mileage than I have ever did with gas truck. Getting about 14.5 around town best I got was 11 to 12, when summer blend come around I hope to improve that. I love my truck and would hate to sell it but fuel is killing me so would gas, need to get the Yellow Goldwing running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 04:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am not to familiar with the 6.0.

All the mods I have put on my 7.3, it gets the same if not slightly better now at 250,000 miles than it did at 50,000. The larger turbo in my opinion lets it exhale easier. Biggest intake and lowest amount of restriction on exhaust. Then you will have to fight keeping your foot out of it.

It is prolly the same for the 6.0s
Old 03-14-2008, 05:56 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The dealer doesn't have the authority to void the warranty just because of mods. The only way the warranty could be voided is if something you add is the direct cause of the fialed part or parts. If you want to get a little better mileage without the risks of warranty problems, install a chip such as the edge, banks or bully dog. These do not leave a footprint on the PCM and is not detectable if you remove it for warranty repairs. I know most guys don't like the chips mentioned above, but if you use it for mileage and just to have a little bit more power you won't hurt anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.