Which would be better? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which would be better?

Ok well there is a 2003 6.0 and a 2003 7.3.

The 2003 6.0 has 230k miles on it and has been supposedly maintained really well and i was wondering if i should invest in that one or should i invest in a 2003 7.3l instead that has 210k miles on it. I know the 7.3s can last forever but was wondering about the 6s?

Thanks for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Question is, is the 6.0 head studded or deleted, what are the deltas, that's allot of miles on a 6.0 if it has not been maintained properly, how mechanically inclined are you the 7.3 can take a lot more neglect than the 6.0. There is plenty of good information on here you should read before purchasing a 6.0 I would go for the 7.3 but I myself have been looking a 6.0s but am looking for the right one that has been maintained well but I am also prepared to do the deletes and studs myself these are jut a few questions you have to ask yourself

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray-4ray View Post
Question is, is the 6.0 head studded or deleted, what are the deltas, that's allot of miles on a 6.0 if it has not been maintained properly, how mechanically inclined are you the 7.3 can take a lot more neglect than the 6.0. There is plenty of good information on here you should read before purchasing a 6.0 I would go for the 7.3 but I myself have been looking a 6.0s but am looking for the right one that has been maintained well but I am also prepared to do the deletes and studs myself these are jut a few questions you have to ask yourself

Im pretty new to diesels, but im pretty decent mechanically and what i dont know my dad would know. It says the 6.0 has been maintained really well with an oil change every 3000 miles and all the other stuff but im not sure if it is studded or deleted though. thanks for the help though
Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ask for records on both trucks, whats the end goal? if your looking to go real fast real cheap get the 6.0, if your looking for longevity and never quit get the 7.3, both when maintained are great trucks, but if its not going to be hooked to a trailer often get the 6.0, especially if its cheaper
Old 05-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
ask for records on both trucks, whats the end goal? if your looking to go real fast real cheap get the 6.0, if your looking for longevity and never quit get the 7.3, both when maintained are great trucks, but if its not going to be hooked to a trailer often get the 6.0, especially if its cheaper
Im looking for something to be fast and just overall the best to drive for all situations
Old 05-29-2013, 06:04 PM

No problem man the 6.0 had tons more get up and go if the temps are in check and has been maintained I would go for the 6.0 and immediately flush it and throw a coolant filter on it you would be surprised how much trouble can come from the coolant and casting sand this is a picture of my 7.3s first coolant filter the second one was spotless Which would be better?-imageuploadedbyautoguide1369879123.416021.jpg this was after a flush and about 1000 miles. The 6.0s oil cooler and egr cooler plugs up from this mess the 7.3s oil cooler is allot less forgiving. After owning 3 7.3s I am wanting a 6.0 a friend a I just bullet proofed a 04 6.0 took us about 3 days not full days a Friday evening and sat and Sunday got a kit for 1700 bucks off eBay that came with all the gaskets and studs and sct programmer made sure the heads were good first they are animals when they are done right.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray-4ray View Post
No problem man the 6.0 had tons more get up and go if the temps are in check and has been maintained I would go for the 6.0 and immediately flush it and throw a coolant filter on it you would be surprised how much trouble can come from the coolant and casting sand this is a picture of my 7.3s first coolant filter the second one was spotless [ this was after a flush and about 1000 miles. The 6.0s oil cooler and egr cooler plugs up from this mess the 7.3s oil cooler is allot less forgiving. After owning 3 7.3s I am wanting a 6.0 a friend a I just bullet proofed a 04 6.0 took us about 3 days not full days a Friday evening and sat and Sunday got a kit for 1700 bucks off eBay that came with all the gaskets and studs and sct programmer made sure the heads were good first they are animals when they are done right.

Alright sounds good and one more thing. 2003 Ford F250 is 4x4 6.0 crew cab powerstroke diesel has a 4" Exhaust with bullet muffler, AFE Cold Air Intake, egr delete, 6" Lift Kit, 35" Trail Grappler Tires, Black Fuel Rims, New alternator, 2 new batteries, new FICM, new injectors, New Glow Plug Module, JVC touch display stereo with Bluetooth, tinted windows, COLD A/C, automatic locks and windows, step bars, HID Head Lights and has 230k miles. Oil is changed every 3000 miles (Rotella), fuel filters changed every 8000 miles. This truck looks and runs great. Title in hand! $15,000. That is all the info on the 6.0, do you think thats a reasonable price or should i try to jew em down alot more? ill always jew though haha
Old 05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Tell daddy to put his pocket book away. You're not grown up enough to own a diesel. You posted in another thread titled the same as this one that you want to know which one to buy based on which one will "roll more coal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawgfan View Post
Ok well there is a 2003 6.0 and a 2003 7.3.

The 2003 6.0 has 230k miles on it and has been supposedly maintained really well and i was wondering if i should invest in that one or should i invest in a 2003 7.3l instead that has 210k miles on it. I know the 7.3s can last forever but was wondering about the 6s? And lastly which would "roll more coal"?

Thanks for any help
Old 05-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Tell daddy to put his pocket book away. You're not grown up enough to own a diesel. You posted in another thread titled the same as this one that you want to know which one to buy based on which one will "roll more coal".
To begin with i never said thats what i was basing my buy on... I said which one would do more... learn to read and not to assume stuff a hole...
Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 PM

That's not to bad of a price With all those extras I would get It do a coolant filter and head studs and you should have a good truck for a while just do all your proper matinance. Plenty of oil changes and fuel filters and the 03 turbo sounds like a jet. Taking off man I want one so bad It's just hard for me to give up my 01 7.3 it's a labor of love

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.