you think this might work??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you think this might work???

ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY APPROACH, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this, please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 PER gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas .

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT,this is a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.19 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers. (OPEC announced this week that it would not increase production, thereby insuring that oil continues to sell for $104 per barrel and higher.)

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. (But, when they lower prices, you must resist rushing to their pumps in order to buy their gas. You have to avoid buying their gas completely, knowing that other service stations will follow suit in a matter of days. So hang on! Eventually prices WILL fall.)

To have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't bug out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! (And that's more than every gas buyer in the USA.)

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all! Well, and, of course, stop buying gas from just one company.

Hw long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference.

There is nothing wrong with corporations making a reasonable profit. But $40.6 billion in just 13 weeks is a little over the top, don't you think? With millions of Americans losing their homes and with taxes going through the roof, we need some relief somewhere and there is no sign in sight that any politician will help us. So, this is up to us. Either hang together on this one or hang seperately--one at a time.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Please Keep This Moving, and,
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2008, 05:34 PM

and if every person makes conservative actions throughout a year... like air tires up, keep car tuned, skip out on trips, drive slower, less A/C etc... only a few gallons per person, but X millions of people = Millions of gallons.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:41 PM

It was one of thoses E Mails I got and so I thought you guys might like to read it . Or get people thinking
Old 03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
i buy from Flying J, i dont know who supplies their oil, but it is the cheapest Diesel i can find and my truck runs real good on it. i refuse to buy from cheveron, texaco, sinclair, or anyone else. guess thats a start from me.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to creep403
No more Exxon-Mobile I work for Weatherford int. one of biggest oil sevicing companys. I talked to some friend down here and a couple of company men of BP and Cimarex, chesapeake ect. They agree that it could work but would be a slow and hard process. Like getting everyone to co-op. They also feel that other companys might raise there prices because now we would need their feul instead. Just my 2 cent
Old 03-09-2008, 06:01 PM

im in. but who does exxon mobil supply? we need to know this to boycott them.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:09 PM

well thats what I thinking, there has to be a way to find out who they supply . I just thought that org. has enough members to get the word out maybe we could get something started
Old 03-09-2008, 07:09 PM

Old 03-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Interesting reading
WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS
>
> WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON--
> Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.
> It might even be good for us!
>
> The Saudis are boycotting American goods.
>
> We should return the favor.
>
> An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.
> Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into
the coffers of Saudi Arabia Just buy from gas companies that don't import their
oil from the Saudis.
>
>
> Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up
the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family,
and my friends.
>
> I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies
are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern
oil.
>
> These companies import Middle Eastern oil:
>
> Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels
> Chevron/Texaco..........144,332,000 barrels
> Exxon /Mobil..............130,082,000 barrels
> Marathon/Speedway..117,740,000 barrels
> Amoco...........................62,231,000 barrels
>
> Citgo Gas comes from South America, from a Dictator who hates Americans.

>
> Do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!
(Oil is now $90-$95 a barrel)
>
> Here are some large companies that
> DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:
>
> Sunoco............... 0 barrels
> Conoco................ 0 barrels
> Sinclair................ 0 barrels
> BP/Phillips........... 0 barrels
> Hess.................... 0 barrels
> ARC0. ................... 0 barrels
> Also: Pilot, Flying J, Love's, RaceTrac, Valero
>
> All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
> and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much
> they are importing.

Also, according to the DOE, the number 1 country we import oil from is Canada, followed by Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.