New EGR, New Turbo, New PCM-Now what? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New EGR, New Turbo, New PCM-Now what?

I have a 2003 F-350 6.0 PSD. ***COMPLETLY STOCK DRIVETRAIN***

My truck has been at the Ford dealership for a month. It started out with a cracked EGR cooler. Once they started working on it, they advised me they were going to put a new turbo in it because of corrosion. Once they finished all the work stated above, the truck ran worse than before I brought it in for the service. When I test drove it, it would not get over 50mph on the highway. After taking it back, they kept it for a little while longer until they figured out it mysteriously needed a PCM. At this point the truck is finished according to their technician and specifications. I refused to take delivery of the truck because it still doesn't feel like it has the same power as it did before it went in. They say it could have less power because of the latest PCM update. Is this possible, or is there still a problem with the truck.

P.S. Before this all happened, the truck ran great. It would easily hit the speed governor (95-97 mph). After all the work, it will not go past 90mph going down hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Premium Member

Nope, its not fixed yet! Has it had an oil change, and fuel filters? id assume that it has the latest reflashes, and is there any smoke or codes?
Old 03-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Has the latest reflashes as of 03/07/08. New fuel filters and new air cleaner. All of which were installed by the dealership. No oil change yet, but doesn't need one for another 1,000 miles. No smoke at all, not even black smoke when it was driven hard in first and second gear. No check engine lights either.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

A month I feel your pain. My truck was at Ford for about 7 weeks for tranny issues and after a new PCM the problem is still there. I think your problem might be the ICP sensor. My brothers 03 was loping at idle and after it got a new ICP sensor the lope idle went away and it had a lot more power.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Premium Member

Yep, they have to get in there with a scanner and watch the icp values, cause i feel that is were the problem lies
Old 03-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

glad i have a 7.3
Old 03-11-2008, 04:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstroke View Post
glad i have a 7.3
Indeed. My wife's Excursion has a 7.3 in it. I'll never get rid of that thing. My old truck had one in it and is still running problem free (gave it to my dad).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.