Sell the SD for a F150? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sell the SD for a F150?

Please Remove thread.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 10-31-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Banned

I would look for a 93 honda (35MPG) for that commute and look into WVO. It may be difficult to unload the truck at this point.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:45 PM

WVO? Buying a 2nd car is not feasable. Extra insurance, HOA issues etc. Just not an option. and I don't like driving 350mi/wk in a beater, when I have $50k+ of truck sitting at home getting messed with my neighbors and whomevers. I've done the whole having a beater ecno car this past year... sucks.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:51 PM

its hard to give up your truck. at least it was for me. took me 3 times of listing and cancelling my own auction cause i didnt want to do it but when i did, i immediatey saw the savings. after about 4 or 5 months, here i am buying another one lol. cant seem to go back to a gaser but hey, you gotta do whats best for you. and its not like you cant ever get another later on if you choose to sell. remember tho gas is going to the $4 mark by may and the f150 probably gets the same mpg as the stroke. decisions decisions. good luck man
Old 03-07-2008, 06:53 PM

Sounds like you know what ya gotta do. It sucks but quality of life is more important. My .02.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to birddog
i wouldn't even consider it, but your situation is what it is and you seem like you've pretty much got your mind made up. ..but those 5.4s don't get much better mileage man.

personally i'm with DM, i'd get a 4 banger to drive to work, but if you can't really afford the PSD then i doubt another car is in the budget.

best of luck man & if you get rid of her i'm sure you'll be able to swing another one in the future.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Yeah I'm looking at the MPG & fuel cost like this: They both get the same MPG numbers, and they both eat $4/gal fuel. I'm expecting gas to go up to $4/gal. However, I still have no payment, insurance will be significatnly lower, etc etc. Overall the bigger picture it's much cheaper. trust me, I don't want to sell my truck, I just bought it and got it like I want. But when It's a bit to large to park, doesn't fit in the garage, people look at you funny for being 25 and driving a truck like that, maintance costs are crazy, the last nail in the coffin is $4/gal+ fuel. I've been thinking about this for 1wk now... seems like my only option. either pay the diesel and live at the edge of poverty every month, or take the shot and buy an older F150 outright and start saiving the Payment and other things every month. Between my Fuel & truck payment alone I burn up half my take home income. Yeah it sucks everyday you wake up you are poorer than then when you went to bed the night before.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 03-07-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 PM

you could always sell yours and buy an older(cheaper) PSD. money spent on fuel may be the same amount, but at least you'd still have a powerstroke, and you wouldn't have near the truck payment. just an idea.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to birddog
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBakerFX4 View Post
Yeah I'm looking at the MPG & fuel cost like this: They both get the same MPG numbers, and they both eat $4/gal fuel. I'm expecting gas to go up to $4/gal. However, I still have no payment, insurance will be significatnly lower, etc etc. Overall the bigger picture it's much cheaper. trust me, I don't want to sell my truck, I just bought it and got it like I want. But when It's a bit to large to park, doesn't fit in the garage, people look at you funny for being 25 and driving a truck like that, maintance costs are crazy, the last nail in the coffin is $4/gal+ fuel. I've been thinking about this for 1wk now... seems like my only option. either pay the diesel and live at the edge of poverty every month, or take the shot and buy an older F150 outright and start saiving the Payment and other things every month. Between my Fuel & truck payment alone I burn up half my take home income. Yeah it sucks everyday you wake up you are poorer than then when you went to bed the night before.
i understand all of that except for the part about ppl looking at you funny.. who the f cares man? the parking thing doesn't bother me either, it's a small price to pay imho.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Banned

My friend just sold his F150 with the little gas motor. Best mileage he ever got was 11.2 mpg. My 96 is getting 13.6 with the new Wildman chip and my heavy foot. The burger joint pours the fryer oil into a barrel and the grease goes into a tallow dumpster. Just need to filter and setup a fuel heater, fuel tank and pump. I only need two fillups a month @ $120 each.

Gas will go to $5 then $6.50 before you know it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.