What would you do? F250 or F150? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question What would you do? F250 or F150?

Well I have done so much research in the last month my head is ready to explode! And figured why not let the powerstroke owners give me there 2 cents.

I used to have a 97 F150. Great truck.. only reason I got rid of it was becuase I had kids and extended cab wouldnt do it.. Moved to a Lincoln Navigator which was good but didnt really fit me and I couldnt haul a damn thing.. ok.. maybe with some moving blankets but still. Then I got a Altima.. Sure its a fast car but damn I hate being in a car!

I want a truck. Bad. Just to be able to haul crap from Home Depot and also tow a motorcycle trailor when I do a track day or something.

I always liked the F250's for a very long time. Test drove the new 2008 and all multiple times. Great truck. However this is where I am stuck of course.

Diesel prices.. gas prices..

In Chicago Gas is going up. 3.43 for High Octane. 3.99 for Diesel and rising every other week. WOW.

Most of the time I will be commuting to work which is 64 miles both ways every day. Mostly Highway miles avg mph is 32mph. Car gets 21.7 mph.. yes its a 3.5 liter v6.

I plan to keep this truck for a VERY long time. Hell I had my F150 for 6 years. However I always liked the F250. Its just bigger.

I am sure I am going to get a lot of advice on what people would do. I really want to know if you guys have regretted buying your Powerstroke with these crazy diesel prices.

Sorry for the long read but I hope I can get some help with this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The superduty will hold up longer than the F150 and have more potential for just about everything. I don't regret my purchase at all. I went with the SD for the power potential and I love having an 8000lb truck that can pull me into the seat. It's up to you though on what you want.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Superduty should be the last truck you'll need to buy!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

I'll vote for the SD also. If you are really worried about the difference in fuel price, get a gasser SD. Still a better truck
Old 03-07-2008, 03:37 PM

A pretty reliable rumor has it that half tons are going to bring diesels into their engine bay as early as 2009. The 6.4Ls seem to be a hit and miss for milage. Ford's 4.4L supercharged diesel promises 320hp and 450 torque or something. It'll have to get better milage than the powerstroke otherwise ford wouldn't let it be released without. May be something to consider.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM

I would say the f250 not because I own one but it is really the best truck I ever owned ...I love my truck it does everything I need it to do
Old 03-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

F350 Dually!!!!!

Seriously the F250 all the way. With the Powerstroke package there will be VERY LITTLE you won't be able to do with it, and on the flip side there will be a whole lot you won't be able to do with an F150.

I used to have a 4X Silverado half ton, it was a really nice truck (2001) but VERY LIMITED when it came to hauling, towing, pulling, etc...
My hunting partner was hardcore F150 and after a few seasons of rollin' around in my F350 he sold his F150 and went out and bought a brand new '06 Powerstroke 4X.

You won't regret the Superduty, but when the time comes you have to call on your truck, and the F150 can't respond, you'll regret it!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroAero View Post
A pretty reliable rumor has it that half tons are going to bring diesels into their engine bay as early as 2009.
Maybe so but the truck will still be limited by the 1/2 ton chassis.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:56 PM

f250 all the way. ive owned 5 different diesels ford and 1 chevy. i love fords the best. i also have had f150's and nothing compares to the powerstroke. i think mpg's are around the same for the stroke and gasser. 2 things to remember, diesel usually goes down in the summer cause theres not such a demand in the winter so they say and the maintenence on a diesel is way more ie $60 oil changes,2 batteries.... but its all in what you prefer. good luck
Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Canadian Stroker
Go with the diesel, you'll get many more miles out of a diesel engine than you will a gasser.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.