How High will Diesel go? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How High will Diesel go?

Ok guys, lately it's been F'n crazy here in Tampa. Diesel is up to $3.70/gal. The oil barrel has gone DOWN, but prices keep going up... total BS. At what point are prices going to level? at this rate, in 4yrs diesel will be $13/gal. At what point to you sell your truck? I know I'm getting damn close. I'm averaging 16mpg city/hwy and drive 350/mi week min. $81/wk. To damn much for just getting to/fro work. Really debating selling the truck. I bought my truck less than 1yr ago and diesel was $2.30/gal. Whole thing is BS if you ask me. Seriously getting frustrated. I don't make tons of money. Been throwing the idea around of a TDI Jetta. turbo.... diesel 38mpg's I've looked at every single truck out there, and every single one sucks in MPG's. I'd be better off just keeping my truck. Lets face it, they want america to start paying fuel prices that other countries are... but their prices are inflated with TAX; way more than ours.

Last edited by JBakerFX4; 03-04-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2008, 04:30 PM

i spent $102.50 to fill mine up Sunday, i got 312 miles out of that tank and that is basically to and from work...i feel your pain, but the truck stays put!!!!!

also, i downsized my house from 1700SQFT to about 1100SQFT to make up for the money the truck was eating, sorry but it's my new life style and this house is so much better with a shop and 3 acres to boot...
Old 03-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Yeah were all in for some tough decisions down the road it appears
Old 03-04-2008, 04:40 PM

when the economy finally collapses, it'll stop.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:44 PM

i hear $4 by the summer hell were almost there already
Old 03-04-2008, 04:46 PM

yeah i agree also,im fixin to buy a scooter and be done with this b.s,i also love my truck,but enough is enough,im here in port saint lucie on the east coast and the cheapest here is 370 also,any more increases and i will file for bankruptcy like everyone else,we live in america but it sure dont feel like it anymore,i mean look at the economy and foreclosures,now the gas is at all time highs also,theres almost no chance to succeed,just venting fellas,but im extremely pissed at this situation.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Sparkplugs Not Required

I saw 3.85 at a truck stop in Bloomington, IL.

I make good money, and there is no way in hell I could afford to drive my truck back and forth the 700 miles a week that I commute. I bought me a $5,000 car to drive (Buick Regal GS). The money I save from not driving the truck afforded the car. Gets about 25 mpg.....a family car that still has a little spank. I could have bought something cheaper or more economical, but let's face it, I spend a lot of time behind the windshield to be driving a beater. I'm not scared of miles on a 3800 v-6.

Cut your fuel expense by 75% and you got a $200 car payment and room to put fuel in it.

Anyways, my $.02. Gotta be better than selling my truck.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:57 PM

you know selling my old rig was the best thing i ever did even tho i regret it. i saw the difference in savings instantly. now here i am buying another one. just filled up the other day @ 3.89/gal. i forgot about how high the prices were when i sold my rig. sure was nice putting $35 of gas to fill my tank and drive all week and then some even doing 80 85 on the e way. were just gonna have to hold out for a while for prices to come down i hope. if it dont than i will for sure be selling my new toy without a doubt. it hurts selling your rig but you will be much happier not payin those ridiculous prices.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:57 PM

yea im thinking about buying a lilcar to get back and forth to work in
Old 03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Sparkplugs Not Required

I've also been looking at the tdi's, but they want waaaaaay too much money for them things to be my work car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.