BlackMagic Tire Wet - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BlackMagic Tire Wet

What product(s) do you use to "wet" your tires? I originally used BlackMagic Tire Wet, but I think I'm going to use another product. I noticed when the stuff dried, my lettering on the tires (were white) keep getting blacker and blacker. Yesterday I decided to wash the truck and do some minor detail work. I started to clean the tires and noticed I was getting this black stuff over me. After looking at the tires closer, there is a heavy black film over all the tires WTF. I had to use a deck brush to get the stuff to come off. I'm no longer to use this product so I'm trying to find out what other people use and if they have the same problems with the black film.

sorry for the long post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i normally scrub down my tire to get all the black dust(brake dust) off it and anything else that sticks to it... i use either the super shine armor all or that spray on stuff from mequires... sometimes both if im doing a show
Old 03-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
water.....I hate that tire wet stuff...looks good for a few days or if you're taking your truck to a show, but for daily use it just means the driver is gonna be skurred of actually driving their vehicle.....plus, I noticed a buddy's motorcycle tires got really soft, but slick after using that stuff, even after scrubbed off. I could imagine it could eventually ruin the tires if on the tread long enough, and for bikes its caused ALOT of wrecks!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Cynic

I went back to using plain old armor all. It's the cheapest, and works the same.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
i normally scrub down my tire to get all the black dust(brake dust) off it and anything else that sticks to it... i use either the super shine armor all or that spray on stuff from mequires... sometimes both if im doing a show
Raul,
Thanks for the info. One thing I liked about the tire wet was that it seemed to last at least for a couple of days before "fading" out. Does the Mequires or Super Shine Armor fade quickly? What do you use to clean your rims? One of my neighbors drives a dumper for a living (He's the one that got me into the diesel sceen). I've seen him use stuff on his rim that polished the snot out of the aluminum. When I asked him what it was, all he would tell me was it was acid . What could he have been talking about?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
not sure .. my wheels are teflon coated so i just wipe the clean and spray them with armor all to get them nice and shiny
Old 03-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazenutz33 View Post
noticed a buddy's motorcycle tires got really soft, but slick after using that stuff, even after scrubbed off. I could imagine it could eventually ruin the tires if on the tread long enough, and for bikes its caused ALOT of wrecks!
I learned the hard way from my Dad that Armora All and bike seats don't mix well. When I was younger I decided to wash my Dad's bike. When I finished, I wiped the seat down with Armor All to get a nice shine. When he came home he was all excited until he went for a ride down the block. He said staying on the bike in the turns was like riding a bull for 8 secs at 40 mph.... sorry Dad...but it looked nice
Old 03-03-2008, 12:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
Quote:
Originally Posted by my19997.3 View Post
I learned the hard way from my Dad that Armora All and bike seats don't mix well. When I was younger I decided to wash my Dad's bike. When I finished, I wiped the seat down with Armor All to get a nice shine. When he came home he was all excited until he went for a ride down the block. He said staying on the bike in the turns was like riding a bull for 8 secs at 40 mph.... sorry Dad...but it looked nice
I knew a kid who's dad owned a very expensive Ducati.....did that to the tires and when merging onto an empty I-35 he drifted all the way around til it was time to go straight, then spilled it down the highway at 30mph totally it out. His dad wasnt too happy with him either!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:46 PM

I use the Meguiar's Tire Gel,(The stuff in the bottle that's purple.), one bottle will last you a year. Get yourself a bottle of this, a really good sponge and a big freezer Zip lock bag. Put a little of the Meguiar's on the sponge and work it into the tire. IF your tire gets dusty, just take a rag and wipe it off. It won't wash off in rain either or sling on the side of the vehicle. When I put it on, when I'm done, I take a clean rag and wipe off the white letters on the tire.

Here's a link to it.

Gold Class™ Endurance® High Gloss G7516 Product Information
Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by my19997.3 View Post
What product(s) do you use to "wet" your tires? I originally used BlackMagic Tire Wet, but I think I'm going to use another product. I noticed when the stuff dried, my lettering on the tires (were white) keep getting blacker and blacker. Yesterday I decided to wash the truck and do some minor detail work. I started to clean the tires and noticed I was getting this black stuff over me. After looking at the tires closer, there is a heavy black film over all the tires WTF. I had to use a deck brush to get the stuff to come off. I'm no longer to use this product so I'm trying to find out what other people use and if they have the same problems with the black film.

sorry for the long post

you can use westleys Bleech white and it will clean the white on the letters real good. they will look new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.