everyones stuck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
everyones stuck

reading these post lately make me want to hear about everyone worst or best depending on which way you look at it. tell me how you got stuck and how you got unstuck. tools,time, and help everything needed to get out. i will add mine tomorrow when i get the pictures of it

here we go- it started off with a trip to the mountains to BBQ. then we found a creek that runs along the road so we decided to take it. well long story short my dad got stuck in his Chevy. so I decided to take a cut off around him to get in front of him. that was my first mistake if any of you have ever stepped in the river and sunk in the mud and tried to get out you know that the water makes a suctions under your foot that makes it very hard to get out well that is what happened to me only much much more suctions. first we hooked up 2 3/4 ton trucks toghter to try and pull me out they could even move me all they did was bend their reeses hitches. it took 16 hours and 400 foot of 5/8 cable with a winch used to lift ships out of the water to get it out of this and i had to leave it there over night to get all this. i have many many more piture of other stucks and a trip if you pm me i will send them to you

[IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187/loki3899/5.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by loki; 02-26-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg

My buddies bachelor party. This is what happens when a bunch of guys say your truck won't make it through the mud pit.

Took about 45 minutes to get out. Using a 78 F-150 that is in the background. With two recovery straps attached together for length. Now the thing is I was only in two wheel drive when I got stuck. So after they got me out. I manually locked the hubs in and went for a second try proving to the guys that my stock hieght F-250 could make it through the mud pit.

Damage to the truck from when they pulled me out. Well I ripped the guys reese hitch off his truck. It hit my tailgate so now my tailgate has a two inch ball impression permantly indented into my tailgate.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:13 PM
duct tape & zip ties

The Driver with his truck stuck in the mud.

Me bent over hooking up the winch cables.

My assistant and the two trucks used to recover the stuck one.

Somewhere in Djibouti Africa. I was the vehicle recovery guy. The vehicle that is stuck (green Humvee) is a M1038 if I remember correctly. It took two M998's with winches to unstuck the hummer. It took 3 hours prior to my arrival with the two M998's. The driver dug in the dirt trying to unbury the truck that is stuck. I swear I was with the only unit in Africa that could find mud in the desert.

End result two broken Warn Winches. As well as one Driver loosing his privelages for the rest of the deployment.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:24 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Later that day, my buddies truck broke in the mud pit. Which ended the day of mudding and started the evening of parting.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to 06Blackmamba Send a message via Yahoo to 06Blackmamba
what happend to the 79?
Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Blackmamba View Post
what happend to the 79?
Engine problems, Carburator took on water, then the starter would not work. After the mud pit dried up a bit I pulled the truck to solid ground so it could be worked on.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 PM
back to business

This happened a few(6 or 7) years ago. I was out messin' around in my old 99'. I tried to go through a "shallow" mud pit in 2wd. Well I got stuck, duh , I got out, locked in the hubs, put her in 4L, and proceeded to move forward about 12 feet, then sink her to the axles.

Me, 2 buddies and 1 girlfriend (she wasn't much help) worked till about 11PM (6 hrs)tryin' to get it unstuck, no luck. We only had the one truck out there (bad idea) so we walked about 1 1/2 miles to the road and had another buddy pick us up. The truck sat out there over night.

The next morning I woke up at 5 am and started calling tow companys. My friend gave me a ride out to my truck, and about noon I got a tow truck out there to "help" out. It took the tow truck about 2 hrs to finally get my truck out.

BTW - A 1500 chebbie, and a 2500 dodge (gasser) had tried to pull me out the first day - no go. The hardest part; finding a tow company that would take a truck off road to get me. Only cost me $65 though!!

Oh, and I had a 2T come-a-long, only moved every boulder I hooked to (there were no trees within reach)

Sorry no pics
Old 02-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post

My buddies bachelor party. This is what happens when a bunch of guys say your truck won't make it through the mud pit.

Took about 45 minutes to get out. Using a 78 F-150 that is in the background. With two recovery straps attached together for length. Now the thing is I was only in two wheel drive when I got stuck. So after they got me out. I manually locked the hubs in and went for a second try proving to the guys that my stock hieght F-250 could make it through the mud pit.

Damage to the truck from when they pulled me out. Well I ripped the guys reese hitch off his truck. It hit my tailgate so now my tailgate has a two inch ball impression permantly indented into my tailgate.
sounds like a lot of
Old 02-24-2008, 10:42 PM
allergic to hot weather

Send a message via AIM to 95and05 Send a message via MSN to 95and05
I drove a 2WD truck for ten years and was only stuck 1 time from backing into a ditch in the dark 1 night. the next night i had more lights for backing than i did for going forward and didn't get stuck again for about 5 years untill this year. I've been in the ditch 4 times this year and had to be pulled out twice. but once was in a work plow truck in heavy drifts and the other i put my EX in the ditch at about 35 MPH when it started to rain on the ice. it would have driven out if i had any traction but nope. it was OK cuz in 2 min 3 FORDS stopped to offer a tow.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
once I saw the blue plate on the 150 it all made sense

Worst I ever was was in amuddy ditch ~1.5' deep - I was close enough to the road that a tow strap would reach, hooke dup to my buddie's nissan on the raod and it gave me just enough forward pull to climb back up the ditch myself.

I had gone in after a lifted bronco in a puddle up to the door sills, should have known better.

after that night I outfitted myself so I wouldn't have to leave pavement for any more recoveries - i had no illusions of being an off-road truck on stock continentals

I've had to recover vehicles in messes like the ones pictured here though, and some rally cars in pretty sticky situations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.