So, last night it was cold when I got back from the gym so I decided to plug the truck in for the night. Took the extension cord in my right hand, heater plug in left...as soon as I plugged them up BAM I was getting lit the **** up with 110 electricity! It was on the block heater plug end through my left hand. Soon as it hit me I tried to let go and couldnt. Had to ride it out for what seemed like forever then finally got my hand to open (prolly 5 seconds). The whole left side of my body hurt after that and it took a while to get use in my hand again. As soon as all this happened the block heater cord started to short out and melt. The extension cord never heated up, shocked me, etc. I ran inside and unplugged it. I know its recommened to use a GF plug, but I dont have an option here at my apt. So BE CAREFUL with your cords and make sure a breaker or something will trip with a problem. Id hate to think of what would have happened if id left it plugged it....id probably be looking for a new truck. Cord is coming off the truck as soon as its warm and being sent back. Its a ZERO START cord from O'rielly Auto Parts, Powerstroke Shop carries the same brand.
There is nothing visibly wrong with the plug, no cracks etc. so I dont know what made it do it. Would it help to get the ford brand OEM cord?