PSD Thefts on the rise again Houston - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PSD Thefts on the rise again Houston

Just and FYI for the Houston guys. PSD thefts are on the rise again and big time. Not only in Houston, but the surrounding cities as well. I had a chance to speak w/ one of the turds that steals them and he actually told me that they target the King Ranch and Harley Davidson editions, along w/ any others that have after market, big shiney rims. He also told me step by step how he gains entry into the trucks and how he starts them. It is surprisingly simple and I will not repeat his information on how to do it.

As an added bonus he told me what will detour them from taking the truck. He actually said the biggest detourant was a steering wheel lock, such as "the club". Most know that those can be cut through in about 30-seconds, but he said that's still too much time and they will move on to the next one when they see this. The second detourant is an alarm system that actually makes noise. Surprisingly enough, he added that most PSD's he comes across do not have alarm systems on them and when one does and actually sounds, they walk away. However, they sometimes try to disable them, but if ur alarm is the type that activates a kill switch when it goes off, they are screwed.

Just something to be aware of ya'll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good info and thanks for posting! That's exactly the reason I have all three on my truck (Club, Alarm, Lo Jack)!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:32 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
THREE GOT STOLEN HERE ALL FROM THE SAME PARKING LOT WITHIN LIKE 600 FEET OF EACH OTHER IN THE HOSPITAL PARKING LOT ALL KING RANCH'S ONE WAS A BUDDIES OF MINES WIFE

THATS WHY I GOT THE TRUNK MONKEY (BUT FOR A TRUCK) LOL
Old 02-20-2008, 04:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to rednek01 Send a message via Yahoo to rednek01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
Good info and thanks for posting! That's exactly the reason I have all three on my truck (Club, Alarm, Lo Jack)!
I've been looking at lo-jack how much is it to get all that done?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:49 AM

Hook your alarm up to a train horn, it is sure to make plenty of noise and others will look, I am scared to park my truck anywhere in Houston where there isn't people around. My boss had his MegaCab stolen a month back and they only used it to haul other stolen stuff out of the parking lot!!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednek01 View Post
I've been looking at lo-jack how much is it to get all that done?
The standard LoJack is like $1k and mine has the early warning system and was $1.5k. Kinda pricey, but my wife's truck has already been on a border run and was out of commission for over 10 weeks, while they fixed it. I understand that they now also sell something with a similar design in standard alarms, so that may be a less pricey option.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Premium Member

I put an alarm in about a month ago stickly becuase of how easy it is to steal these trucks. $340 installed with one remote that will notify you within a mile if someone is jacking with your truck. $120 for the second remote. its a Clifford 50.5. Its already stopped a couple people from messing with it.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to rednek01 Send a message via Yahoo to rednek01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
The standard LoJack is like $1k and mine has the early warning system and was $1.5k. Kinda pricey, but my wife's truck has already been on a border run and was out of commission for over 10 weeks, while they fixed it. I understand that they now also sell something with a similar design in standard alarms, so that may be a less pricey option.
yea but 1.5K is nothing compared to the cost of the truck. Definately a good buy if ya ask me depending on if it works as well as they say it does.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:53 AM
Premium Member

I am on the fence about lojack,

Not sure I would want the vehicle back after it was used and abused. The insurance company will only fix whats visably been damaged. They wont tear into the engine, trans, transfer case and diffs!!!!!!.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Hook your alarm up to a train horn, it is sure to make plenty of noise and others will look,
I Did that and it actually works pretty well. My 05' King Ranch was broke in to the day after Christmas in Downtown Atlanta. They got the head unit but left the lap top and the iphone. The next day I went to the Pilot and Bought two sets of Train Horn and installed them. A week later i bought a Viper 5900SST alarm with kill switch and two way paging up to a mile away. Later that week i went fishing, and caught me one. Man did i love it. That boy's face was priceless. Haven't had any problems since then. Also its a good idea to tint the windows.
2005 F-250 King Ranch
Bully Dog Power Pup
Silver Line 4in Turbo Back
K&N FIPK
JL Audio/ Memphis/ Alpine 3500w stereo
Galaxy DX33 HML 250w CB
Eagle Alloy 20in W/ bfg 33 AT's
Viper 5900SST with kill switch, glass sensor, proximity sensor, tilt sensor dual shock
And A Tickle ME Elmo TMX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.