Foil Delete. what is it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Foil Delete. what is it?

I lurk around here quite a bit, but don't really post much yet. I keep seeing "foil delete" in people's signature lines. What exactly is that?

I have an '06 F-350 Lariat 4x4 CC 6.0 w/ torqueshift and 3.73 rears. I have picked up a lot of good info on this site and I appreciate the input of the seasoned "rattler" owners. Mine is an early '06, I hope it's a good one. Hopefully by next spring I'll have an Edge Juice Platinum w/Attitude and a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust. I can't imagine how well it will run with those mods as it will smoke the 20" tires well into 3rd gear in stock trim!

Thanks for your patience with a newby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 04:29 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's pulling the foil off the hot side I/C tube *nearest the air filter* so that it increases turbo noise.

It's there purely for sound reduction, nothing else.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:33 PM
International Threat

Actually you have a 2006 so I don't even know if you would have the foil to delete lol ... it's not a performance mod, more of a "I like the sound of the turbo mod"

I'd suggest getting gauges, at least egt's since I believe your truck already has a stock boost gauge, and trans temp if you have an automagic tranny. If you have a standard trans, no need for the trans temp gauge.

Next, leave the intake alone since it's enough until you're talking about more power then a programmer will give you. If you get the exhaust, make sure you don't straight pipe it... the 6oh's do need some backpressure.

Gauges, chip, exhaust and you've got yourself 400+ hp... beee happpyyyy
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
If you get the exhaust, make sure you don't straight pipe it... the 6oh's do need some backpressure.

Gauges, chip, exhaust and you've got yourself 400+ hp... beee happpyyyy

I was thinking either keep the cat w/no muffler or dump the cat and use a muffler or power tube. I don't know about 400 hp but it would be fun to have a little more. I'm not looking to get really radical but just like everything else in this life, it will probably never be enough!

I like the Edge Attitude for all of it's readout capabilities and good looks. If I had a small fortune to waste I would go for the A2 since I really like the idea of having GPS navigation. For the money, it looks a little cheesy to me.

Thanks for the info!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:18 PM
International Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere
I don't know about 400 hp but it would be fun to have a little more.
What don't you know about 400 hp? A chipped 6.0 will easily go above that.

Don't believe me? This is this guys signature... and dynoed 422hp

2005 F350 SILVER, 6.0, CC, DUALLY, 4X4, ZF6, XLT, SCT BY BIAVA PEFORMANCE, QUAD 160, UPFITTER SWITCHES, ZOODAD, AIRAID, DUAL 6" STACKS

http://www.socaps.com/photopost/show...500/ppuser/544
Old 09-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
Man theres been alot of posts about this in the past few days
Old 09-16-2006, 06:57 PM
International Threat

You ain't lying... we're workin on some sort of linky page that has all the common problems/questions answered on it... still trying to get it off the ground in the mod forum.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

400 hp is very easy on the 6.0L. The Innovative diesel custom SCTs we sell have been Dynod between 421 and 429 with just an AiRaid box and 4" Exhaust. Every truck is a little differant. Custom SCTs will give you the highest numbers for sure. Plus the best trans tuning.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
What don't you know about 400 hp? A chipped 6.0 will easily go above that.

Don't believe me? This is this guys signature... and dynoed 422hp
I wasn't saying that I didn't believe 400 hp was easily possible, just that I may not be looking for that much at the rear wheels.

On the SCT, the write up on DPPI's webpage says something like "nearly eliminates puking radiator fluid". Is this a common problem with controllers on a powerstroke? I want a little extra power and better mpg, but I also want a truck that is 90%+ reliable. Maybe a tuner just isn't the way to go if your not into competition.

Also, I hooked up the upfitter high idle mod this afternoon. It's gonna be real sweet this winter! I really like the idea of having a 1200+ rpm idle mode. After 10 minutes, a short piece of wire and a couple of connectors I was in business. It really is easiest to remove the fuse box to get to the upfitter wires. At least it's better than standing on your head trying to reach up under the dash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.