CPS recall, Hasle!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cchase
CPS recall, Hasle!!!

So I called my local ford dealership, who I will never take my truck to for payed work ever! Asked them about my cps warrenty. I said that mine went bad so I replaced it. And asked that if I bring my truck in and they put the new one on if I can have my old one back. The guy then gets pissy with me and says no, it belongs to us. I said sorry I own my truck and replaced the part on my own. He then tells me that ford will remburse me for the price that the dealer charged to replace it. I told him i did it myself. he then said well the recall is void. And I said thats BULLSH1T!! The guy then says listen up you little kid, Have dady bring your truck in, I dont want to deal with you. So I am fuming at this point! I baught my truck, I am not a little kid. We exchange a few more words, and at this point he is cursing at me, which I refrained from doing the whole time. THe kicker is the company I OWN!!! has a fleet account with this ford, my dads company also does. So i told him about this and we are both going to cancel are contracts and tell them why we will never do business with them again. After main ford gets a call too! All this for a 20 dollar part!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

WOW Sorry to hear about this, but that is Bull Chit. WHy are some of these people like this. One guy who has nothing better to do than bust your balls.
Make sure you make that call to Ford, they do not need people like this.
Like you said for a few bucks having them go off on you like that, wow.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Emergency Services

I have had alot of problems with this dealer. They tried charging me twice to replace my EBP censor, and when I checked it at our shop it didnt have any wrenching marks on it, and it was still as covered in dust an oil as it was when i took it to them. This was def the straw that broke the camels back!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:33 PM

I understand this all to well. The sad thing is it only takes one bad sales manager or service employee and you have this kind of thing happen all the time. Just don't be mad at ford for one person's screw up. I buy vehicles from one dealership and get parts from another b/c of this exact thing. Sad!!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:41 PM

I would file formal complaints whereever possible.

good luck but I still love
Old 02-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Emergency Services

I love ford to. but a great thing is, I think we have 10 dealers within 45 miles!
Old 02-08-2008, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to SteveKran Send a message via Yahoo to SteveKran
That sucks the guy was being a total *******, that wasn't called for. I would just recommend both writing and calling Ford about that incident. I would write everything you can think about what happened down before you forget any of it and make sure to date it. It wouldn't hurt to have it notorized or signed by a witness.

Last edited by Rob; 02-11-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:32 PM

Tha cps I bought and installed myself 4 months ago only had 3000 mi on it (AutoZone $138.00) I asked my dealer the exact samt thing (since it`s almost new and I replaced myself) could I get it back to use as an extra because they seem to go out so frequently. He said he would like to but he had to send the old one back to the Ford Co. so he could get paid for changing it. I expect that is true so no more was said about it and he was very polite. I also expect Ford may want to look at the condition of some of them to be sure they get a good fix on them. I had a receipt and they returned my money promptly. Good to live on the Ms. coast wher people are polite. Try to improve your people skills. Sounds to me with all your hotheaded ranting and raving with no idea how to talk to people you need a good whipping with a big switch. The service man as well. My .02
Old 02-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triflex View Post
Good to live on the Ms. coast wher people are polite. Try to improve your people skills. Sounds to me with all your hotheaded ranting and raving with no idea how to talk to people you need a good whipping with a big switch. The service man as well. My .02
Well, sence I was polite the whole time, just trying to figure out why I could not keep it, he never said it had to go back to ford, just that it was theirs. Then he said because i changed it myself they will not honor the recall. You are also doing the same thing he did. judged me and treated me based on a missconception. I did not treat him ruddly in the least bit, intill he begain instalting me. I have owned my own business now for awhile and i am doing pretty well with it, so my guess is that I may have an idea how to talk to people. Thanks for your .02 but I am going to give you a refund.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchase View Post
Well, sence I was polite the whole time, just trying to figure out why I could not keep it, he never said it had to go back to ford, just that it was theirs. Then he said because i changed it myself they will not honor the recall. You are also doing the same thing he did. judged me and treated me based on a missconception. I did not treat him ruddly in the least bit, intill he begain instalting me. I have owned my own business now for awhile and i am doing pretty well with it, so my guess is that I may have an idea how to talk to people. Thanks for your .02 but I am going to give you a refund.
The thumb? There ya go, just my point. Well, good luck to to you, I wish you well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.