Sulfer Substitute - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to powershooter
Exclamation Sulfer Substitute

Anyone ever seen this stuff ? I have never seen it before so I guess it is a new product , its made by gunk .
Attached Thumbnails
Sulfer Substitute-0201081707.jpg   Sulfer Substitute-0201081708.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 10:57 AM

No, sorry
Old 02-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Infidel

According to their website:
PRODUCT INFORMATION

LOW SULFUR DIESEL FUELS: PRO-SERIES DIESEL FUEL CONDITIONER contains lubricant and seal conditioning agents which are designed to minimize effects on pumps and seals due to low sulfur diesel fuels. This fuel additive complies with the federal low sulfur content requirements for use in diesel motor vehicles and non-road engines.

FUNCTION AND APPLICATION: This product improves the performance characteristics of diesel fuels under normal weather conditions. Improves: engine performance, injector function, water dispersion, metal to metal
contact lubrication, particulate emissions, fuel economy and stability.

OUTSTANDING PROPERTIES: Disperses contaminants found in diesel fuel , which results in improved engine performance. Cleans deposits which adversely alter the spray characteristics in fuel injectors. Helps improve fuel
economy to increase operating profits, inhibits metals in system from corrosion, helps prolong the life of the fuel system and engine components and more. This product contains no alcohol.

USE DIRECTIONS: One 12-fl.oz. bottle treats 37 gallons of fuel. Double treat for severe fuel system problems.

PRECAUTIONS: Contains (CAS#) Aliphatic hydrocarbon solvent (8052-41-3), petroleum naphtha (64742-94-5), naphtha (91-20-3), Trimethylbenzene (25551-13-7). See MSDS for complete listing of hazardous materials.

Caution: Combustible. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flames. Use with adequate ventilation. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. Eye and Skin irritant.

FIRST AID: If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call a physician
immediately. Avoid contact with skin or eyes. For eye contact, flush with water while lifting eyelids thoroughly for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention immediately. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and
water. If irritation persist, get prompt medical attention. For inhalation, move to fresh air. If breathing becomes difficult, get prompt medical attention. If swallowed, do not Induce Vomiting. Call Poison Control Center, Physician, or Hospital Emergency Room Immediately.

STORAGE & HANDLING: Store in a cool place below 1200F, away from ignition sources and oxidizing agents. Avoid breathing of vapors. Wearing contact lenses while working with this product is inadvisable. Keep away from
children.

DISPOSAL: Dispose of container, residue, and excess product in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.

CONTAINER DESCRIPTION: This product is available in a 12, 32, and 96 fluid ounce plastic bottle.

Radiator Specialty Company
P.O. BOX 34689 / CHARLOTTE, N.C. 28234 / TELEPHONE 704-377-6555
CODE: M7112

PAGE: 1 of 1
DATE: Nov. 2006
PRO-SERIER DIESEL FUEL SULFUR
SUBSTITUTE NOTICE: WHILE THIS INFORMATION IS PRESENTED IN GOOD FAITH AND BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE, RADIATOR SPECIALTY COMPANY DOES NOT GUARANTEE SATISFACTORY RESULTS FROM RELIANCE THEREON. THE DATA IS OFFERED SOLELY FOR YOUR INFORMATION AND RADIATOR SPECIALTY COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE FROM ITS USE. THOROUGHLY TEST ANY APPLICATION ACCORDING TO THE PRODUCT DIRECTIONS AND INDEPENDENTLY CONCLUDE SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE. NOTHING CONTAINED HEREIN IS TO BE CONSTRUED AS A RECOMMENDATION TO USE THE PRODUCT IN VIOLATION OF ANY PATENT.

Who's gonna give it a shot first?
Craig
Old 02-07-2008, 11:26 AM

STORAGE & HANDLING: Store in a cool place below 1200F, away from ignition sources and oxidizing agents. Avoid breathing of vapors. Wearing contact lenses while working with this product is inadvisable. Keep away from
children.

Sounds serious! I would be interested in trying it...if somebody like Marc tells me its ok to too
Old 02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
MIGHT B A GOOD PRODUCT
Old 02-07-2008, 12:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to powershooter
oh , i already dumped er in there . guess i'm your lab rat on this one .
Old 02-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Sweet! When did you dump it in? Any improvements yet?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
let us know how it works
Old 02-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by powershooter View Post
oh , i already dumped er in there . guess i'm your lab rat on this one .
Not necessarily a bad thing. I am assuming the truck is still running right? Just keep us informed of any changes in mileage, temps, noises, etc.....
Craig
Old 02-07-2008, 12:20 PM

i need to start running additives. haven't really ever done it. I get a 10gals of 75%jet fuel/25%diesel mix from a bud in ever 44gal tank and it has additives in it too. so i get some - just not really as much as i should....... where can i pick this stuff up? ill play lab rat for the 7.3's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.