Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

'09 stuff: Ford Work Solutions

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Gear Jammer 
#1 ·
This is just awesome! An industry first from Ford, in truck computer from the factory! I'd explain it all, but here's the cliff notes:
Access home/office computer wirelessly, Garmin GPS, manage and see tools that are in the truck, view and be able to call all workers in other ford trucks through GPS. Also a new cable lock system coming out too.
Ford did it again! on top of the game for sure! :thumb:
PickupTruck.com: First Look - Ford Work Solutions

#2 ·
well, i'd say from the article, ford's definitely gone alllll the way.

:thumb::thumb::thumb: for ford!!!!!!:icon_ford::icon_ford:

#4 ·
crap i want that now! thatway noone will steel my laptop which sits on the centercounsle

#6 ·
Pretty sweet, glad Ford is finally coming into the technology age.

-BG06.

#7 ·
That's cool. We run Panasonic Toughbooks in all our Fire rigs for Pre plans, Hazmat and the like.

It would be cool to have them integrated into the truck like that as as opposed to a big 'ol bulky laptop taking up space. Not a whole lot of room in our Expedition command vehicles for them plus radios and all.

I see a real practical application for this.

Good job Ford!:icon_ford:

#8 ·
that is sweet.... makes me and my truck feel OLLLDDDD. pretty quick everything will be gps driven and you wont see anyone in the drivers seat in the car next to you on the freeway

#9 ·
That's some serious stuff right there. I think Ford is anchoring their commercial market. I don't know if GM or Chrysler can or would even want to follow suit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.