Rear 10.25" diff - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-01-2008, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear 10.25" diff

Ok, i broke a yoke that attaches onto the diff. I thought i could just put a new one on. Then i realised it needed new pinoion berings. And todo that you gotta take the carrier apart. And I may as well replace the posi (the posi isnt really a posi anymore). So ive been thinking of replacing it with a locker. Is there any good ones, ive been thinking of a detroit locker. I plan on towing the boat in the summer and hitting the local strip for some races and daily driving. Any suggestions on what type of locker to get? Or tips on rebuilding a 10.25" rear axle

1994.5, 2.5 lift, 35s on 17x10 MHTs, Intercooled, Stage 3 injectors, Nitrous, 6637, Water/Meth, 3" DP, 4" Magnaflow, IDM, TS Chip, 4.10s, 33s, 4 Pod pillar. 6000k HIDs.

Converted From ZF5 To E4OD w/ PCS TCM-2000 Tuneable Trans Computer, 6.0L Trans cooler and Triple Disc TC.

Up next Install electric fuel, ladder bars
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 02-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
If you have never done it then i would recommend taking to a shop. There are special tools you need. There are shims to set backlash and check for a good pattern. The 10.25 is a heavy unit too. Good luck. If you need pinion bearning you might as well replace all of them while your in there. I had gears and bearings put in mine and it ran me 700 but i reused my posi.

2002 F-350 Crew Cab 4X4 Donahoe Lift kit, 38" Toyo open country mudd, AMP research Steps, 4.56 Gears, Mag Hytec Diffcover and Tranny Pan, Superchip, AFE Stage 2,Wicked Wheel, 4" exhaust turbo back.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Premium Member
the only thing broke on mine it the posi dont work any more and i am in the same boat as you Dallas4x4 but dont know whats good and whats not, never torn into a diff before, dont think it would be terribly hard, just be careful and make sure to check all the specs real good

2006 F-250 ExtCab SB 4x4 6.0, recon white lightning, ARP head studs, SCT touch Xtreme and soon to come Complete EGR delet y pipe and all
Wifes - 2005 Liberty w/ 2.8l diesel!
Daily Driver - 2006 VW Jetta TDI manual
Sold - 97 7.3 235k fun miles & 93 5.9 with only 84k
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode