Bypass oil filters - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bypass oil filters

Have been reading this forum for some time now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a fairly new diesel owner and will never drive anything else.

I've just become aware of bypass oil filters and am seriously considering putting one on my 2003 F-250 6.0L. At the cost of fuel these days I'm looking for anyway to save a buck. Extended oil drain time will save a lot of replacement oil money and the clean oil should slow down engine wear.

I've been shopping the internet for Bypass Oil Filters and have found three that appear to be good and would appreciate you guys opinions as I'm pretty much a newbie to diesels.

The Bypass filter I'm most attracted to is the Premo Plus Electric Filter. The other bypass filters that I'm looking at are the FS-2500 and the Amzoil Bypass oil filter system.

If any of you guys have experience with these filters or others, I'd sure appreciate hearing your opinions.

Thanks guys......good to be on the forum. I've learned a lot here.

Huston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
to the org! I don't have any direct experience with these, but someone should be along shortly to help out. Oh and you may want to contact some of our vendors about pricing on these kits...
Old 01-27-2008, 06:11 AM

I don't have any of these on my 2007 F-350 yet, but I use Amsoil in my Taurus so that's the way I'm going to go. Don't know much about the one you like, but I'm sure it's good. The chick in the FS-2500 ads is hot though.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for replying guys. Am hoping some of the others on this forum will give me their experiences with bypass oil filters. I like black smoke but sure don't want soot circulating in my oil.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to EdBoy9573
My friend has the Amsoil in his Cummins and is very happy with it. I'm planning on getting it when I finally get the money to take out a loan for my new truck. ('03 7.3 6spd with all the goodies )
Old 02-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Here is a link you can go from there with it. . .

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/bf.aspx
Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I did alot of research on this before I put mine on not too long ago.
Amsoil and FS-2500 came out on top for me. Both filter down to about the same micron size particles. FS claims theirs will also filter out moisture.
I chose the FS-2500 because I mounted it on the frame rail under the truck and this unit seems a little beefier and more heavy duty in construction.
I like heavy duty (thanks Dad). That's just me.
The Amsoil unit is also a very good unit and I have been contemplating installing it on the Jeep Liberty CRD. The only thing that keeps me from using the Amsoil unit is yet ANOTHER filter to stock. There's only so much room in the garage, know what I mean? Oh, I forgot, you guys don't have this problem!
I'll keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.