Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil

937 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  anniejrt 
#1 ·
After changing the oil in the Jeep CRD today and putting in the 0W40:eek:hnoes: mobile synthetic oil in in and doing my PSD and putting in 15W40 Rotella T dino oil:thumb:, which is what i have always ran in everything diesel expect the jeep, i was curious as to what oil you guys run in your diesel trucks.

#3 ·
I just put amsoil 15W40 in my truck a couple weeks ago. Thats all my family run's in our trucks, amsoil makes a big difference when starting in the winter.

#7 ·
you guys who run synthetic did/do you notice a difference in fuel economy or performance?

#9 ·
We change trucks at 6500 miles and equipment at 100 - 200hrs depending on whats it in, thats all with Rotella and our anylis come back better than average. In the jeep crd 10,000 on oil and change the filter at 5,000

#10 ·
Running Castrol Hypuron Semi-Synthetic here. Hadn't paid it much mind in mileage lately. I was gettin 19-23mpg before this Winter Fuel came in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.