Feel like I've been taken.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 12:54 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Feel like I've been taken..

So I searched for a truck for a few months waiting to find one that was the right price and right for me mileage. So I finally settled on a 01 F-250 auto. he owner seemed really nice he owns a local business that has a great reputation. I was comfortable buying the truck with an auto since the trans was rebuilt in Sept/6k miles ago. The truck ran great when I test drove it, test drive was about 20-30 minutes should have been longer my fault. The PO tells me that he talked with the shop that rebuilt the trans and that they said they would honor the warranty even though I was not the one who had the work done....Wrong after putting 120 miles on the truck the OD light started flashing and the trans seemed to be holding gears too long. Take the truck to the shop talk to them about the warranty they said no way and that he never talked to them about it essentially transferring to me. They run the codes and say they are not hard faults, they clear the codes I drive home truck runs/shifts great. Next day (today) get in to go to work and it is going good for the first few miles and after stopping at a red light it starts. The truck seems to be surging while driving and there is a low moan/vib while driving and it seems to be running like ****...At first I thought let me check all the fluids and I did and they were all good. I noticed a connector on the back side of the fuel filter so I plugged it back up still running like ****. I am so pissed and just want to whip this guys *** I feel now that he knew the truck had issues and he just wanted it gone. I have bought and sold a ton of vehicles and I am as honest as I can be about what I sell and I just wonder are there no honest people left out there? So I am new to diesels and now have what I feels is a money pit and my wife is gonna kill me if I find out a truck I bought that I only put 200 miles on needs something like a trans. Sorry for the long post just had to get this off my chest..

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 03:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would have it checked out by a mechanic that you trust before I got to worked up about it. It might be something small...truck is 12 years old and I'm assuming has a few miles on it so you can expect mechanical things to fail over time which you already know.

I understand your frustrations but just try to relax until you've had it thoroughly checked out by a competent mechanic. Let us know what happens and good luck.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:26 AM

Feel like I've been taken..

I would agree. I have an 02 and my wife is never happy when it needs repair of maintenance. Unfortunately she has to be reminded that things break and making a bad investment or being bit by a purchase is never anyone's intent. If she does get angry, that won't solve anything unless she's willing to fix the truck. Lol

I will agree and say, calm down. It may be a simple solution or even a cheap solution. Keep us posted and as far as the wife goes, we all get it, nobody wants that to happen but it does.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-09-2013, 03:51 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: Feel like I've been taken..

Hopefully the guy was honest with you and this is a case of poo happens. Maybe he did call the trans shop but maybe talked to someone else? As stated above, get it checked out by your guy first. Good luck with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 AM

Yeah I'd get it checked out by your shop before you go about rasing hell. It could be something very simple. And even if not, I'm sure a business owner like himself will work to make things right. The last thing he wants is someone in his business area talking about how he scammed someone.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
i wish you luck man, i hope you can get this fixed for cheap.. did you try just changing the tras fluid in case the dope put in some weird kind of trans fluid
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 AM

Yea I was thinking of flushing the fluid and replacing the filter and going from there. I'm thinking of taking it to a different trans shop and have it checked but the orginal place said if the blinking od light came back on to bring the truck back down. I'm calm just a little frustrated I can fix just about anything but transmissions is not one of those things. Is there anywhere I can download a Ford tech manual? I have got them for other vehicles. I found a plug not connected yesterday on the back side of the fuel filter it either yellow or white anybody know what it is?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:29 AM

Likely fuel bowl heater and probably had it unplugged cause it is fubar. Common problem. Easy fix is just unplug it instead of repairing the actual issue.

What were the codes the shop pulled off when you took it in?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:30 AM

u can't self flush the 5r like the days of old
it has to be a heated flush do the cooler bypass when under 180 degree design

so thats about 250 at the dealer and may be for nothing if the trans is messed up

a chit missed the year sorry your good to go I would def flush it first
Old 03-09-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
Likely fuel bowl heater and probably had it unplugged cause it is fubar. Common problem. Easy fix is just unplug it instead of repairing the actual issue.

What were the codes the shop pulled off when you took it in?
I glanced at the reader quickly one said something about 2-3 shift I should have paid better attention my fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.