Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

windshield problems

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  unsane19 
#1 ·
Had a co-worker on Saturday decide to put some tire tags on my windshield. Not that big of a deal, but it sat out in the sun and the glue came off on the windows. I took what i thought was a new soft sponge and some soap and rinsed it off. Everything came off, and then drove down the road and realized it scratched the window up pretty good. Evidently the sponge had some sand, metal flakes, or some unknown object in it to scratch it the way it did. Its nothing that you can really feel, but its light scratches all over the front and drivers window. Im already replacing the side window for $85 installed(couldnt buff out from what im told), but was wondering if anyone had any miracle ideas on how to remove the scuffs. Ohh, and the next day at work, his whole truck was covered in tags. Payback.:hehe:

#3 ·
Ive called every glass shop in San antonio, and all have said im S.O.L. Only option they gave was replacing it. Not really an option i want, ill deal with it before replacing it right now.Id rather use that money for mods.

#4 ·
Ive seen this stuff on TV (yes i know lame!) but its for glasses (eye glasses) that fills in scratches on them maybe it would work for your windshield, don't know how much it came with or how much it cost just hit me when i heard scratches on glass :hehe: .

#6 ·
its funny cause thats the first thing i thought of. Went to Walgreens and got some. But it didnt do crap. $10 later and no results.:confused:

Edit: Its scratch rx by the way.

#9 ·
no im pretty sure its free, id call your insurance and ask them. The only thing is i dont know if they will want to do it because its scratched, so ud have to crack it. My buddy tapped his passenger side of the windshield with a ball peen hammer and they replaced it. Just make sure u find out from your insurance company first lol

#10 ·
Nice way to get what you want lol just dont ask if they replace scratches cause if they say no and you come back and say its cracked they will think you cracked it. :hehe:

#11 ·
Glass Shop

I used to work at a glass shop. If you have comprehensive insurance find out what your deductible is and then see what the glass shop can do for you. You won't see an increase if you only use comprhensive every once and a while. Talk to your agent and they will guide you in the right direction. They usually are pretty good to work with. Remember that they are "your" agent. If you have a $100 deductible you will get it for free. $250 will cost you some and a $500 it is better to just purchase the windshield. Shop around for the best cash price. You can have the insurance replace it even if it is not cracked, if it is pitted or makes it unsafe to see then it is considered a hazard. The glass shop can care less if they "know" that you broke it. They will usually work with you to get it replaced. You pay $150-200 if you pay cash and the glass shop will bill the insurance co about $400-500. No Joke! Don't abuse the insurance and your premiums will not go up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.