black smoke is not funny....HAHAHA! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
black smoke is not funny....HAHAHA!

Hey guys, I want to hear some good black smoke stories so I hope all of you are fans of that great puff of black smoke - if you have one yet. How many of you have actually had people behind you attempt to avoid driving through the smoke?? I get it all the time, whenever I get on it sometimes the person behind me will go into other lanes to go around it!! It's hilarious! As if it's toxic! Yesterday on the interstate I had it cranked up for some fun, and I was doin around 50 tryin to merge. So I got on it a little but not enough to downshift it just stayed in od. Well if it's cranked up it'll poor black smoke until it gets around 65 or so and then the turbo is supplying more air to burn all the fuel...the buy behind me actually drove in the emergency lane to get out of the smoke!! Just thought i'd share a story. Anyone else got any great black smoke stories? Like puffin on some moron that's been riding you for 2 miles? Let's hear em! I have some good ones but I wanna hear some others now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2005, 01:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokekiller
In my 2001 cummins I can get a little puff of smoke on hard acceleration every now and then (its stock). My dad and I went to this little seafood joint nine miles down this road that closely resembled the Nurburgring (very twisty for you straight line guys). Well we go out there and there is nobody behind us and we're goin about fifty through most of em havin a little fun. Well we came back and it was gettin kinda dark. Well this little import car thought if he got right under my bumper he would be able to slingshot past me...uh uh aint gonna happen. He pulled out and floored it. At the next corner it was all out I was gonna show this little jap car. I looked back and I saw his headlight coming through all the smoke. It looked like I had ginormous injectors in it. The old cummins was layin a pretty good smoke screen. It got the the point where I had a half a mile on him . Where this little road cuts back to the main road it is straight for about an eighth of a mile. We stopped the truck got out and we leaned on the side of the truck for at least a minute waitin for em to catch up. All this from a kid who thought he could beat that "slow" diesel truck. There was a car behind him and I believe he had his girlfriend or significant other in the car. So he was a might embarrased. Diesel:1 Little jap car:0
Old 11-10-2005, 01:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gear Jammer
This is a funny one here. There is this town WEST CHESTER PA where yuppies live. There are fancy food places you can eat in town. They sit you like 7 foot off the curb line to eat. There are one after another on the one street for like 2 blocks. So one summer night i was following my buddy in a 96 12vale cummins with stacks. He has the fuel plate all away forward. That thing blows some black smoke. He started up the street and went from like 1st gear to 3rd to DOG the motor it was blowing black smoker every where Then it was coming down and blowing right where people are eating some got up to move and get away LOL. People in suit and ties where yelling at him. We where loving every min. of it. Them yuppies didnt even know what hit them LOL.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:30 PM

That is hilarious :p
Old 11-10-2005, 02:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Oh yes!! MORE STORIES!!

Great stories guys, we need more!! Gear I love that story on the smoke. I've got one similar. I had to drop off and pick up a friend of mine from school who's car had broken down. I pulled into the school parking lot and saw several students gathered around an exit awaiting rides and 4 lil cheerleaders sitting right on the curb. Since I was going to the other end, I thought it'd be nice on a cool night to warm them up a little. I turned the corner in the lot and mashed the throttle, pouring smoke all over the cheerleaders and the students. I watched in my mirrors as they got up and ran off screaming their heads off. Okay someone else's turn...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via MSN to PrairieRenegade
I can't claim this for myself but I will do it next summer for sure...

Buddy of mine has a jacked up Chipped/Stacked/Programmed 2003 Cummins, you name it heís got it done but it still doesn't burn all the fuel all the time especially under really hard acceleration after the thing has been idling along for a bit at say 15mph beside a bunch of cyclists.

This guy and his girl friend are Westerners, British Columbia to be exact, and they have the appearance that they are nature people, bunny huggers if you will but they are actually both real motor heads. Anyways, they are going through and area with a pretty good hill climb and they come up on a group of 20 or 30 cyclist riding in a group how they do all of which climbing this fairly steep hill, if your on a bicycle that is. They pull up beside this group and are talking to the lead bunch, she is leaning on the window frame asking how its going and telling them how exciting it must be to ride bicycle through the mountains...offers them a water if they need or a banana if they want...true to life bunny hugger type stuff. All the while the Cummins is building up a big bunch of fuel just waiting to exit the 5" tip on the driverís side. Needless to say the next thing out of her mouth is Ok, have a nice ride and he stands of the accelerator. You know what happens next! The thing just pukes out all the excess fuel, and with not much ground speed its working hard and the system is sending it more fuel, the wind is just right that the whole group of 30 is more or less consumed and the fact that they are tightly grouped gives none of them anywhere to go except straight up the hill into what is now the black abyss!!!!!

Classis big motor diesel story can't wait to do it with mine.

Got Smoke?

Air Raid Intake, MBRP Cool Duals and Edge Juice w/Attitude will be installed this weekend, and then I'm going looking for a convertible!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:31 PM

Thats a good one man
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM

Yeah i've smoked on some bikers too! And at night the smoke is always more prevalent....Here in Indy we have US31 which runs north-south. It leads into downtown indy, to monument circle where a lot of people drive around and park on the circle and hang out...at least until IPD shows up and makes us leave or blocks it off. I've met people from the surrounding 8 counties that come just to cruise it. Only the southern portion is the hot spot, as it's 3 lanes divided most of the way down, long open stretches and some nicely timed lights that help you match up with other vehicles without having to go from a roll. Line up 3 diesels and let them go at green and check behind you, all you see is a huge cloud with 6 hazy lights poking through! It's hilarious, as they slowly emerge! I have 3 other friends (1 PSD and 2 DC's) that I cruise with and our club is getting ready to grow as the this weekend we have some new additions meeting us. So if you're from Indy, let me know and if you're interested in some friday/saturday fun come find us! Just follow the smoke!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:38 PM

You guys are bad When you see me out cruisin on my Harley please don't kill me with the smoke screen.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:46 PM

HA!! Well you're okay, because I don't black smoke on harley guys. The only bikers I smoke on are the jerks that ride the crotch rockets that are always doing stupid stuff in traffic, weaving in and out, driving between cars and crap. I think harley riders are genuine riders, riding because they enjoy it, not to show off and be jerks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.